Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

The strategy of playing ones role.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:13 pm

I've read about people having problems in that horse chase, but honestly I just galloped pretty much all the way both times without much of an issue.

As for the lockpicks, you can only get them by following a pretty specific sequence of events (I read about it online ahead of my replay, didn't even know it was possible the first time). You have to let Kunesh kick your arse at first, then go into his house and try to open his chest, Henry says something about needing another way to open it, and then after the cutscene in the tavern you can speak to Fritz who'll give you four lockpicks.

I think it's more of an easter egg than something you're expecting to work out yourself, really.
My face is tired.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 pm

been loving this game, talked a few of my RL buddies into buying it already.

I have played a few hours, still pretty low in just about all my skills, I've been following the main quest line and riding around my horse. Tried hunting some game with my bows but I still need to raise my skills up some and learn to shoot it better. I think the sword fighting is super fun and challenging. I highly recommend the game to anyone who likes RPGs

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:35 am

That horseback escape from town was damned hard, I was hit with several arrows on my way out and was seriously worried I wasn't going to make it, but did so first time of asking.

I had thought it was set up so that you only just make it, now reading others experiences I am less sure :D

Also nice to see you posting Asherons, glad you are enjoying it too!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Yeah it took me like 7 tries to get though that part, in the end when I escaped I ended up running off the road and up a creekbed along the forest and then somehow ended up back on the road when I was getting closer to town, was pretty exciting.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Loving this, buggy as hell at times but by gods is it great at capturing of your attention for long periods :D

Henry is bit of a wet plank but since I've seemingly just got lost in woods hunting for stuff or some weird side quests. Or whatever new thing catches my eye, I sorta forget about him and just live it out as I would in the world. But bloody hell I have no clue about the combat still and just seem to get by on luck. Hunting hares takes me around 4-5 arrows to nab even a sitting bugger at times.

Only level 6 with a few skills unlocked but aye, brilliant wee game :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Progress the main story a bit and you'll get to access the main trainer for combat. He'll teach you some useful stuff that doesn't come into play until you see him.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Ack but that means I have to do it! And I am having so much fun just being lust and seeing how things are. They've nailed the feeling of the ages to a tee and I've been poking everyone I know to get it or to look into playing it down the line. I don't think a game can get that high a recommendation from this old cynical bastard :D

Streaming it some more atm https://www.twitch.tv/correalian
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Sorry for the jump scare :)

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:57 am

Haha, forgot what the sound was on twitch and thanks Rusty :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:37 pm

On a side note I got a solo chicken dinner on that PUBG game :)

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 pm

No mean feat.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:37 pm

In all my hours only managed to gain 2 chicken dinners solo, still love the game though

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Finally finished the main quest. Aside from a few minor bugs (nothing which caused any real upsets), this is an exceptionally good game. The ending is rather abrupt, though.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:11 pm

The Father part had me in stitches.

Theresa
Spoiler: show
Kind sad that the whole thing petered out soon after the love scene. Was expecting a bit more about her unless it's for me to advance the main storyline before there is other things to do with her.

I sure love poaching and running around trying to sell it off quickly before being caught. But it is weird that the game gives such paltry rewards for the quests, when selling the meats/hides can turn into a easy 1,000 Groshens. Have bought a horse that I just call Mr unpronounceable due to the uhichahahsaurs name (spelling?) :lol:

Still on the part about getting to the camp to spy it out for Sir Radrigz. Keep getting caught up on alchemy levelling and mastering my bow more.

Installed a few mods from Nexus as well to shrink the ui down, the highlighting text and the character screen. One to increase the loading of textures as well for SSD which seems to have done a good job so far :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomede ... e/mods/328

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomede ... ce/mods/27

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomede ... e/mods/347

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomede ... e/mods/350
Formerly MrAnnoyed

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon May 14, 2018 5:28 pm

So chat fell off a cliff for this? Still recommend?

I was thinking about getting it on PS4 so my mate can play it too but I hear there was some dodgyness there that made it not great, anyone know if that was fixed?
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing