MILF

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 pm

And then... bam! Brian Blessed cameo :o
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Last night I was wooing a certain lady in a barn (..."wooing"...) with some playful hide and seek. As she stumbled around blindfolded, I decided to taunt her with a cheeky whistle before scuttling behind a different barrel. Of course that resulted in my horse dutifully poking his head through the barn door in a quizzical manner, which utterly ruined the mood. :lol: He remained there as things progressed a higher BBFC rating. Possibly a "you had to be there" moment.

(Played some KC:D, too.)
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Game has passed the million mark in sales :)

https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/ ... 9231894530
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:25 pm

And finished.

Ending is definitely set up for a sequel, a fair amount is resolved but there are clearly major strands still to pursue. And hopefully they've made enough to work on the next game, which I'd pick up without a shadow of a doubt.

Overall, excellent game. For the first 80% of play I probably had no real complaints - a few pesky bugs but nothing game-breaking and I was happy to look past them as I was otherwise having such a good time.

Then you hit one story chapter that is honestly a bit of a frustrating mess... which is a shame as the set-up for it is excellent on paper. In the end after numerous tries and failures I looked up a guide to just get past it with the minimum amount of pain so I could move on. A further shame as in that area there are some interesting sub-plots you can pursue, but by then I was so ground down I just abandoned them.

Then after that all well and good... until you hit another particular part of the story. And that was just... not good. Without trying to spoil anything you're on a stealth mission with Hans, and by this point you're so good at stealth it should be a piece of cake. Then in a cutscene he gets shot in the arse, and when you get back control around a dozen guards spawn literally on top of you and beat the absolute shit out of you before you have a chance to respond. I'm pretty sure it's a bug, but if so judging by what I've read online it's affecting everyone. I spent maybe half an hour trying over and over again to get past that bit... in the end I do so by taking cover in a room and head-shotting the enemies one by one as the enter. Then you have to carry Capon to safety, but just as you reach the place you can do so another half-dozen guards suddenly spawn on top of you and resume the pummelling. This time, before I even had a chance to pull out my bow Capon bled out and it was an instant Game Over.

Well, shit.

Once again read a guide and ended up having to purposely sabotage the stealth element of the mission so it would fail instantly and we'd be able to run away before the bit where he gets shot and progress with the plot.

After that point, it was once again excellent right up to the end, with a nice ending that managed to be satisfying while setting up a sequel.

Hard to see it being beaten as my GOTY, despite a few issues. Huge accomplishment for a novice dev team. =D>
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:55 am

Not had a chance to play much at all for a couple of days, looking forward to a session or two this weekend.

Patch due next week, which might tweak some of those endgame problems you mentioned. I am only 25 hours in and not hurrying at all, so with luck they will be long gone before I get there.

Also looked at Daniel Vavra's twitter last night, not looking for anything rage-inducing, was just following the thread on the forthcoming patch. There are pictures on there of the various actors they used in-game, and seeing Henry in the flesh is bizarre!

RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 am

Snowy wrote:Not had a chance to play much at all for a couple of days, looking forward to a session or two this weekend.

Patch due next week, which might tweak some of those endgame problems you mentioned. I am only 25 hours in and not hurrying at all, so with luck they will be long gone before I get there.

Also looked at Daniel Vavra's twitter last night, not looking for anything rage-inducing, was just following the thread on the forthcoming patch. There are pictures on there of the various actors they used in-game, and seeing Henry in the flesh is bizarre!

I know!

I checked out the IMDB page for the game as I thought I recognised the voice of one of the actors (turns out I didn't), but there's a few there whose in-game characters have definitely been modelled on:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3414510/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Henry's father and Istvan (who was in the prologue briefly but has a bigger role later on) in particular.

Also his photo isn't on that page, but Capon as well:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=luke+ ... pomPC7aViM:
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

Thats kinda cool :)

I really love the performance of the Henry character. Some fuckwit review think it was RPS or PCG said he was as boring as porridge. I think he's really well acted and funny. I don't laugh playing games often but ive proper laughed at many of the conversation responses in this.

Makes me wonder whether these game reviewers are playing the same game or if they are so enraged "finding" or looking for banal controversy that they miss the gameplaying bit.

Shitbags.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am

I've started a new playthrough :lol:

I seriously love this game, despite the few frustrations I covered before.

It's funny though starting a new game having learned everything I did the first time round. This time I kicked Kunesh's arse solo, robbed half the houses blind (you can get lockpicks from one of Henry's friends), found a hidden chest in Henry's house with a bunch of silver, a dodgy die for gambling and some other stuff. I robbed a load of nice clothes and a weapon from the Deutsch's house and am swanking around town currently.

I've cleared out every merchant because there are a million (rough estimate) herbs of nearly all types growing around the village - I rammed my pockets full of hundreds of nettles (getting the vitality boost perk Snowy mentioned previously in the process) and dandelions, as well as sage, wormwood, valerian, marigolds and mint, and am sitting on about 160g at the moment - so paying 5g for the bag of charcoal was suddenly no problem :lol:

I also cleaned out the dice gambler, who I didn't even spot the first time, for another bunch of coin. As a result of my shenanigans my herbalism is already sitting at level 9, speech and lockpicking have gone up multiple times, while knowing what I'm doing in the two fighting sequences have also resulted in multiple unarmed, strength, warfare and agility level-ups.

Also seeing incidental details I didn't see last time, like you can go back to Deutsch's house after the shit-bombing and see his wife telling him off and then him taking it out on the catchpole to go looking for the perpetrators.

You could easily spend hours here and not advance the main quest at all, which is great. It's White Orchard all over again! :lol:
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am

I wondered about that. When I did my escape from the town, I had a bloody Cuman nipping at my heels the whole way on the foot section. On my first attempt I turned around and fought him - figured I had a sword, what was the worst that could happen - and then learnt just what!

I did wonder if, playing through a second time with a knowledge of the fighting system, whether taking out that pesky Cuman would be possible.

Oh, and Sly, I trust this time you will be taking the brütal approach espoused by my good self, and will end the game wading in gore?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:48 am

Snowy wrote:I wondered about that. When I did my escape from the town, I had a bloody Cuman nipping at my heels the whole way on the foot section. On my first attempt I turned around and fought him - figured I had a sword, what was the worst that could happen - and then learnt just what!

I did wonder if, playing through a second time with a knowledge of the fighting system, whether taking out that pesky Cuman would be possible.

Oh, and Sly, I trust this time you will be taking the brütal approach espoused by my good self, and will end the game wading in gore?

I set out with the intention of being a good and noble Henry, but put a lockpick in my hand and the call of the Dark Side is too strong :lol:

So, yes, I'm toying with the idea of going Utter Bastard and seeing how it affects the game. I'm guessing accruing cash might be harder when no trader will deal with me (or at least want a hefty dollop of cash in order to do so), but it could be an interesting experiment.
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Nothing stopping you playing 'bastard with a brain' mate.

Wayfarers wandering between towns? Fair game. Unguarded lockboxes? Fair game. Getting caught or becoming overly suspected? Well surely that would be failure :)

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Snowy wrote:Nothing stopping you playing 'bastard with a brain' mate.

Wayfarers wandering between towns? Fair game. Unguarded lockboxes? Fair game. Getting caught or becoming overly suspected? Well surely that would be failure :)

I mean, yeah, I could probably avoid taking too much heat, I'm mostly curious as to how the game plays out, both the story and just the everyday business of wandering about as Henry, if everyone hates your guts.
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 am

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232096576

Had mic issues that I only noticed after skimming through the vod bummer.

Ran into a bug where Kunesh didn't show up and had to restart the game but I am really liking the voice work and atmosphere so far :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:06 pm

It really throws you into the deep end quite quickly doesn't it. Was quite enjoying taking my time in the village, but then my pals disappeared once we'd met back up after throwing manure at the chaps house; so I couldn't talk to any of them to get any lockpicks like someone mentioned on here. Decided I'd do it after advancing the main quest a bit, which prompted all the shit to hit the fan.

This game doesn't feel particularly well optimised and is rather buggy. On three occasions whilst fleeing on horse I was ganged up on by horse archers who shot my ride to pieces. Each time I've ended up stuck in the middle of nowhere with three horseback archers surrounding me, obviously death followed pretty quickly each time. I can't tell if it's meant to be happening or not.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:09 pm

That part requires a bit of patience aye.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing