Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

The strategy of playing ones role.
Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Snowy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Plus the animation for the stealth kill, that 'dagger to the heart, down through the collarbone', is so wonderfully brutal it is a crime not to use it.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm a bit of both... everyone loves me and sings my praises as I walk around town for all the good deeds I've done for them, then at night while they're asleep I'm ransacking their houses.

A slight word of caution for the more rogueish among you... I'm not sure at what point in your reputation this activates, but a couple of nights ago I became such a pariah I was forced to load a much earlier save a redo a bunch of stuff.

Basically there's a quest to catch a ring of poachers, and the game gives you the choice of siding with the law or the scallywags. Now, something in the journal made me believe that I could meet up with the poachers and infiltrate them from the inside while still (secretly) representing the forces of good and would be able to lawfully dob them in following my investigation. It didn't really play out like that though, at the meeting the guards rock in and kick off a fight, and despite siding with them at that point, it seems the game deemed my actions to be that of an utter Edwin and people began to react accordingly.

I first twigged when I went to hand in a mission to Captain Robard (a bandit camp I'd cleared), and he pretty much told me to fuck off in no uncertain terms. I then had to pay him 200 groschen before he'd even speak to me. Same thing happened with Lord Divish, who wouldn't speak to me unless I forked over 700 groschen ( :shock: ). In a cutscene he thanked me for my actions, then when it was back in the game engine he began shouting at me to leave his sight.

I'm pretty wealthy by this point, but even so the 1k hit I've just taken in two conversations really stung. And they don't get over it... every time I tried to speak to either they demanded the same amount to do so.

This was repeated by every person in every town across the map, the amounts differed but no-one would talk to me unless I paid them. That meant I was paying shopkeepers to sell them my stuff, in some cases not breaking even on the transaction.

I've no idea if that's a bug or just the way the reputation system works at a certain point, and if it's possible to fix it through doing good deeds, but seeing as I'd been trying to complete a quest on the lawful side I was a bit miffed, hence the reload and doing that quest a slightly different way.

Anyway, just an FYI.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Snowy wrote:Plus the animation for the stealth kill, that 'dagger to the heart, down through the collarbone', is so wonderfully brutal it is a crime not to use it.

This is pretty much how I clear bandit camps now. Wait for nightfall, chug a nighthawk potion so I can see while they can't, sneak in and stealth kill the leader. Then leg it away while everyone is getting out of bed and running around like headless chickens. Watch them for a while from a nearby vantage point, then when they've settled down to sleep sneak in and do it again. Rinse and repeat. When it's down to one or two remaining I bring out the weapons for a face-to-face fight. Pretty satisfying.

I haven't had a lot of success though with spiking their food or wine, most of the time it doesn't seem to have any visible effect, or I just lose patience first and revert to the first method.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Yeah ive tried to spike various food pots with sleeping potions in an effort to put the shop keepers etc asleep. Havent seen it work yet which is slightly disappointing. Would be a cool mechanic to see working.

Edit: would really like to see a rage/berserk potion in the game to spike into camp food pots. That would be epic.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:16 pm

See, my tactic for clearing camps is march in there like a terminator in my near-impenetrable layers of amour and stab everyone in the face. Only the very best have a hope in hell of actually hurting me now, which while massively OP is a lot of fun considering how vulnerable you are at the start of the game.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Wrathbone wrote:See, my tactic for clearing camps is march in there like a terminator in my near-impenetrable layers of amour and stab everyone in the face. Only the very best have a hope in hell of actually hurting me now, which while massively OP is a lot of fun considering how vulnerable you are at the start of the game.

Even when there's like six guys all in full plate armour? Braver than me!
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Well.

All I can say is that I hope when Snowy comes to do the mission that finds you going undercover in the monastery he comes here to share his tale of what happened. Because if he comes out of it not having murdered everyone in a frothing berserker rage I'll eat my hat :lol:
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Sold a million copies in its first week apparently =D>
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Nice one. That's got to be more pressure on the big money men to go back to the drawing board and innovate.

These guys Could do a whole line on historical stuff...Roman empire...Greece...Vikings...etc etc. Or even stretch into areas that traditional rpgs tread, the fantasy stuff.

What they've managed with KS funding is astounding really.

Eny

Postby Eny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 am

The original plan was for a trilogy, so hopefully that will happen, and without any meddling from the money....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:30 am

Has anyone finished the game yet? I read elsewhere that it seems to stop abruptly and sort of screams DLC/sequel, neither of which is bad considering the fun you lot are having with it.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:53 am

I think I'm pretty close and if so should maybe finish today.
My face is tired.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 am

Eny wrote:The original plan was for a trilogy, so hopefully that will happen, and without any meddling from the money....

I think this game may have been classes as part 1 and 2.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 am

Sly Boots wrote:Well.

All I can say is that I hope when Snowy comes to do the mission that finds you going undercover in the monastery he comes here to share his tale of what happened. Because if he comes out of it not having murdered everyone in a frothing berserker rage I'll eat my hat :lol:

Not seen that one yet - I have not had much playtime in the last couple of days. Last night was spent (all 30 mins free that I had) finding wine for Lord Capon while he had a bath, and I saved just as I was sent to find flowers for the bath-house girl. It ain't all hairy-bollocked swordfights :lol:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:09 am

While I've loved 99% of this game thus far, I've got to admit that huge swathes of the late-game story are pretty fucked. Whether that's due to bugs or poor design I don't know (maybe a combination of both), but some of the missions I've had to plough through in the last couple of sessions have been an utter slog and chore, to the point of it souring the rest of the experience just a little. And how I'd even get through them as I have without the ability of being able to save wherever I don't know.

In a couple of instances I've had to resort to looking for advice online, in places where it's impossible to progress in the way the game intends, or near-impossible, and so you have to work round it just to get shit done. Which isn't fun.

I won't spoiler anything now, even in tags, but it will be interesting to compare notes when other people finish.

Hoping some of these story missions get fixed with patches, because these moments really stick out like a sore thumb given the superb quality of the rest of the game.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing