Dungeon Keeper remake

The strategy of playing ones role.
Vykromod

Re: Dungeon Keeper remake

Postby Vykromod » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:45 pm

I like the list of pros and cons at the end. Mostly the pros.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:18 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -Criticism

"One of the important data points we're looking at is our store ratings and downloads. At the time of this interview, App Store ratings currently sit at 4 out of 5 stars and Google Play ratings sit at 4.5 out of 5 stars." He added that he and the team personally think that the game's microtransactions are "fair".

After reading it all, that would make you got and punch a kitten :evil:

One of the comments mentioned this "Heard somewhere that you get sent to a support page if you rate it below 5 stars, and you get extra gems for voting it 5. " Anyone got such a device to check it out? :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm

I know that the people at EA Mythic are no longer the same as those who were there at the start, but to think the company responsible for one of my favourite MMOs of all time have regressed to making terrible free-to-play mobile games. It makes me very sad.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:42 pm

You know how the developers have been crowing about their rating on Android? Well turns out you can't actually rate it below 5 stars unless you jump through a variety of hoops.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ar-reviews

Could this get any worse for EA?

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

This kind of bullshit is a big threat to gaming. They need to called out on this, big time.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Just wait for the eventual statement of how they want to improve their image again. Wish people would wise up and just boycott the next 5 EA games just to scare the fuckers and their shareholders.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:19 pm

People will never learn, this won't stop EA doing exactly the same shit in the future.

Can't remember the last time I bought one of their games, most others who I've heard say they're boycotting them are a bit weak willed when a game that they want to play comes out.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:50 pm

According to another thread you bought Mass Effect 3 :P
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:54 pm

I didn't strictly pay for it. -_-

But then it's actually linked on my Origin account, fuck the system!

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Yep it won't I know that realistically, as people will scramble all over there next game to get the same rotten deal time and time again and never learning from past mistakes but will cry/rant after buying it again and again when it happens. It's an industry where they know people are weak willed that they can do as they please.

Sorry Leerage again :oops:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:07 pm

EA have come out and tried to defend their actions.

“We're always looking at new ways to gather player feedback so that we can continue to improve our games. The 'rate this app' feature in the Google Play version of Dungeon Keeper was designed to help us collect valuable feedback from players who don't feel the game is worth a top rating. We wanted to make it easier for more players to send us feedback directly from the game if they weren't having the best experience. Players can always continue to leave any rating they want on the Google Play Store.”

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:05 am

Good piece by Tom Bramwell on Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... -and-learn

He's completely spot on, mobile gaming has been reduced to nothing but scam artists trying to drill us for as much cash as possible. I used to buy little £2 indie games on iOS and get quite a lot of fun out of them, the market is dry as a bone now though and I can't remember the last time I booted up a game on my iPhone.

If this practice continues to creep into console/PC gaming then I'm not going to be buying many games in the future.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:26 am

Best thing to come out of this, aside from the massive backlash against app store games, is Dungeon Keeper one and two are now on the top seller list on GoG.

A shame Bullfrog isn't here to collect the cash.

Even more of a shame is that EA will get a taste of that while being oblivious to the reason why.
End of an Era

topfear

Postby topfear » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:56 pm

I am the only one who plays games to get away from real world shit? If I could play multiplayer without other people involved I would. But now real money is involved too (post buying it), it's fucking depressing that this could become the norm for all video games.
^ not my words, the words of Top Gear magazine

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 am

Mantis wrote:He's completely spot on, mobile gaming has been reduced to nothing but scam artists trying to drill us for as much cash as possible. I used to buy little £2 indie games on iOS and get quite a lot of fun out of them, the market is dry as a bone now though and I can't remember the last time I booted up a game on my iPhone.

I always check on the appstore these days before I buy anything - any reference to "microtransactions" and it can fuck right off. Also what a misnomer - microtransactions - wasn't there a 'best value option' (for fucks sake) to spend £70 on gems for this turd?

Sad state of it is, most people are stupid, and will take the unlubed cock of EA reaming them out again and again and just keep coming back for more. As such, they won't change.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing