Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

The strategy of playing ones role.
Mantis
Admin

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Postby Mantis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:25 pm

So, after a total flop back in 2010, Squenix have finally released version 2.0 of FF14. It's actually being received pretty favourably despite the fact that all it essentially amounts to is an old school MMORPG. FFXI carved itself a pretty decent niche in the market, I get the feeling that even with an outdated subscription model that this one will have some staying power too.

Anyone actually played it yet or intending to? I've got a bit of a hankering to give it a go.

Adalaar
Augmented

Re: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Postby Adalaar » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Playing on PS3 got the standard and loved it so much i upgraded it to collectors.

It's literally old school FF with some of the later's lore in a MMO.They've had a lot of problems with the login servers and new character creation on a lot of servers so you might want to hold off until that is lifted(will be sometime next week they are adding new data centres on monday).
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 pm

I too am quite interested in this, but I would really have to have a group of people to play with regularly, I don't mind playing Guild Wars 2 occasionally on my own because I'm not paying monthly for it. But this one I would probably have to have some sort of group to just give that added feel of a Final Fantasy experience of having a group.

But we shall see.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:20 pm

I'll likely be buying it as soon as I've built the new PC. Can't really argue for £15 when you get a months sub factored in.

Adalaar
Augmented

Postby Adalaar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Mantis wrote:I'll likely be buying it as soon as I've built the new PC. Can't really argue for £15 when you get a months sub factored in.

It is brilliant when you can get into servers.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing