Endless Legend

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Endless Legend

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:21 pm

The guys behind Endless Space have decided to turn their hand to the fantasy genre and make a 4x game based in the world of wizards, dragons and elves.

It takes place on a hexagonal map with eight factions fighting for control of a dying world across six ages. It is up to the player to decide whether to save the world or flee it. During the course of the game you will have the opportunity to wipe out civilizations or assimilate them into your own.

For those familiar with Endless Space, this game doesn't contain a branching skill tree. Instead you have to accrue experience points to advance to the next age. The game emphasises micromanagement with a smaller number of civilizations to rule over, but you wil still have to take important strategic decisions. The game also contains quests, both competitive and co-operative ones, and a live battle system.

The game will hit Steam by the end of the year via the Early Access system with Amplitude Studios keen to get the community involved in finishing off the game.

It will be interesting to see how this comes out up against the new Age of Wonders game.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

DjchunKfunK

Re: Endless Legend

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:50 am

This game is leaving Early Access and being released on the 18th of September.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:04 am

Is it any good?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:10 am

No idea. PC Gamer did an Early Access review back in July which says it has some problems eg lack of tutorial and end game content, but they might be fixed by now.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/18/endle ... ss-review/

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:48 am

I really liked Endless Space so I'll keep an eye on this, but a bit wary of jumping in too soon bearing in mind how much content they kept adding to that game. Could be worth holding off a few months.

Reading the Steam forum, it also seems that people are a bit sceptical about it being ready yet for release, and it could be a case of pushing it out the door too soon.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 pm

RPS WIT

Sounds like it does some cool and different things with the usual 4X formula. I would probably check it out if I didn't have so many games currently on the go.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Yeah, ditto.
My face is tired.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing