Achtung Englander

IL-2 Battle Of Stalingrad

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:34 am

A new Maddox IL2 game

Hurray !!!!!!!!!!! =D>

http://il2sturmovik.com/

screens
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/il_2_sturm ... shots.html

I want to see gameplay and hopefully this is the IL2 for the HD generation.
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Gibby

Re: IL-2 Battle Of Stalingrad

Postby Gibby » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am

I saw this yesterday, very exciting stuff!

My only concern is the whole having to be connected to their servers to play the single player campaign thing.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:13 am

Buyers of the Premium Edition will also get access to a couple more special aircraft (La-5 and FW-190 A-3) which cannot be obtained in the game, but can be purchased in our store after launch.

Yeah? Fuck off. Just fuck off with this bollocks. :x
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:31 am

In fact, yes, that is also total bullshit.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:37 am

Apparently, pre-order gets you early access to a SP unlockable IL2 rear gunner too...

I know that this isn't Oleg's doing, and that those planes didn't really play much part in the campaign anyway, but all this siphoning off of game features into yet more revenue streams does my fucking head in. I will wait until there is a cheap compilation version like previous titles - you know, when the game is complete and playable, rather than suffer as a pre-release whore paying premium to be a beta tester.

Did Battle of Britain or whatever-it-was-called-in-the-end ever reach a playable condition that didn't leave you bald at the end of it?
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Reiver

Postby Reiver » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:46 am

I do wonder just how many people are saying that to new releases these days. I know I find myself taking that approach more and more. The steam sale mentality is coming into play too. Other than Rome 2 I don't think i'll have bought a single game on release or pre-order this year. Like piracy i don't suppose reliable stats are possible but the number put off by these bonuses must be significant.

Mogster

Postby Mogster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:06 pm

This doesn't have anything to do with Oleg Maddox or Ilya Shevchenko. Maddox left Maddox games before Cliffs of Dover shipped, Shevchenko had worked on IL2 Pacific Fighters and took over management of Maddox Games when Oleg left until CloD development was canned by UBI.

Battle of Stalingrad is being produced by 777 studios who created Rise of Flight the WW1 sim. For a flight sim ROF is very polished, and its physics engine is light years ahead of the IL2 series. BOS will use the great ROF graphics and physics engines so I've got much more faith in BOS being a decent product although probably with quite limited scope initially. I'm happy with the pricing structure, the days when you could get 15 flyable aircraft 40 AI and a dynamic campaign for £30 have well and truly gone. If you want to buy a detailed flight sim you have to pay more than for a mainstream gaming product, the dev teams are tiny and the people buying are limited, that's the bottom line. Conventional pricing nearly killed the genre.

In the meantime Ilya Shevchenko has formed a partnership with Eagle Dynamics who produce the modern combat DCS titles. He's intending to release WW2 content using ED's DCS world framework. ED have already released a DCS P51 module, its incredibly detailed, much more so than the planes in IL2 and Rise of Flight. Shevchenko has suggested on the ED boards that he intends to release more planes to that standard, fully clickable cockpits, all systems modelled etc. It'll be interested to see how that project works out alongside the 777 studios IL2 product. I have faith in 777 because of ROF, for me Shevchenko has some reputation building to do after Pacific Fighters (Dodgy) and CloD (complete and utter disaster)

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

wow Moggy you know your stuff

Mogster

Postby Mogster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Its just called being a flight sim addict, for better or worse :lol:

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:56 am

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:56 pm

that looks amazing. I hope there is a lot more ground textures with this version

Mogster

Postby Mogster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:41 pm

777s Digital Nature engine is very slick, it seems to handle heavy texture loads without stuttering. I really like the terrain lighting, Rise of Flight doesn't have bump mapped terrain, it looks like its been added for BOS.

There's an update for ROF due tomorrow as well, the team seem to be working hard.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:48 am

I played Stalingrad with Ocolus Rift and it was FUCKING BRILLIANT.
OR is the best thing to gaming since HD. I was in the plane. Actually in it and flying. Total 360 degree vision by moving your head (not your eyes) but still it was stunning beyond belief. This will blow your socks off. Looking behind you or above for aircraft with the natural movement of the head was utterly surreal and very very cool.
The only thing stopping complete immersion is that you feel no g-force when you turn or bank but for all intense and purpose the last time I had this feeling was when I took an actual flying lesson. It's that close. OR is a definite buy. I would even spend up to £300 on this, a price of a decent monitor, it's that good.

Met with the president of 777 games and guys from 1C. I mentioned you Moggy, that I know some die hard flight sim guys. I also mentioned I am a strong IL2 player. It was music to their ears. They loved the idea that some people are so passionate. Wish you were with me Moggy. You would have cummed in your pants.

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:I played Stalingrad with Ocolus Rift and it was FUCKING BRILLIANT.
OR is the best thing to gaming since HD. I was in the plane. Actually in it and flying. Total 360 degree vision by moving your head (not your eyes) but still it was stunning beyond belief. This will blow your socks off. Looking behind you or above for aircraft with the natural movement of the head was utterly surreal and very very cool.
The only thing stopping complete immersion is that you feel no g-force when you turn or bank but for all intense and purpose the last time I had this feeling was when I took an actual flying lesson. It's that close. OR is a definite buy. I would even spend up to £300 on this, a price of a decent monitor, it's that good.

Met with the president of 777 games and guys from 1C. I mentioned you Moggy, that I know some die hard flight sim guys. I also mentioned I am a strong IL2 player. It was music to their ears. They loved the idea that some people are so passionate. Wish you were with me Moggy. You would have cummed in your pants.

That sounds amazing! I shall save some pennies for the OR I think!

Mogster

Postby Mogster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:I played Stalingrad with Ocolus Rift and it was FUCKING BRILLIANT.

From his message board postings Jason Williams sounds like a good guy. I'm sure he could be working in other areas of gaming or software development but he seems to love the flight sim genre, he must do, flight simmers are a notoriously tough audience. He did ask a number of ROF forumites to the US BOS press launch which was nice I thought.

I've thought for a while that VR was the future of entertainment not just gaming, gaming will lead the revolution but once people have their games in VR they'll want their movies, TV shows and errr..other forms of entertainment :lol: to be delivered that way. There are still a lot unconvinced flight sim guys though, old habits die hard.

Next

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing