Telltale's : The Wolf Among Us. Series 2 confirmed 2018

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Re: Telltale's : The Wolf Among Us.

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Sigur Ros wrote:Let's hope it's a bit longer than 2. Kinda feel the focus has moved onto TWD 2.

It's about the same length I'm afraid. They advance the story nicely, but I think they might have to go some to get everything cleared up in two episodes. Either that or the last two are going to have to be substantially longer.

I still really like the setting and the characters and the writing is still on a par with TWD. But I can't help feeling that this game has slipped down their list of priorities and they could have done a whole lot more with it.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:49 am

Just finished it. I feel the same as you do. You can tell it's been put on the backburner whilst TWD2 gets the main focus, which is really a shame cause I'm enjoying this much more than the TWD right now. I'm hoping that they make the 4th and 5th episode longer, otherwise I have no idea how they'll actually wrap this story up in two.

Great episode IMO though. The ending was much more my liking.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Yeah it was still a great episode which is why it sucks that it wasn't a bit longer. :)

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Episode 4 is out the 27th of May.

Mario Kart and more Wolf Among Us in one week!

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Thu May 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh, excellent! Not a bad turn around.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri May 30, 2014 2:47 pm

So Episode 4. I liked it. It's pretty much more of what you have come to expect from previous episodes, but it really opens the story up and finally provides a few answers as to what is going on. There is still the slight problem of Bigby's choices on the screen being carried out and receiving a slightly different reaction from Snow than I thought they would before I chose them, but I've got used to that now. I'll put the next bit in spoilers as it is about the story of the episode.

Spoiler: show
I like that they finally spent time showing how much Snow cares about Bigby, rather than the odd looks and strange conversations that the two have shared up to now. I also liked how they developed Snow's character, the way she becomes more hard hearted once she realises what is going on and how she has to take responsibility for the situation as she is in charge now. I can't agree with her decision to go totally by the book as I think it is far too harsh, and as is shown later in the episode, it is this type of thinking that has led to the Crocked Man being able to amass so much power. It will be interesting to see how you will be allowed to resolve this at the end of the game and what kind of reaction you will get from Snow.

Length wise it isn't long, about 2 hours, but I've finally decided that I shouldn't be focussing on the length, especially as this game is now pushing around 10 hours total with one more episode to come and I only paid £12. So that is a pretty good bargain all-told.

So yeah it's good and I continue to enjoy the episodes they have released. It will be a shame when it is all over because I have really enjoyed the world of the Fables and think it is Telltale's strongest game so far, although it is also the game with the least amount of 'game' elements in it. However I have a feeling that this will be the one and only game we will get in the series. What with The Walking Dead probably proving to be more popular and now Borderlands and Game of Thrones to work on, I think this series will get pushed to the side. It's a shame as I think they have built an interesting world and it would be good to continue to explore it.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:59 am

The final episode comes out next week on the 8th of July for PC and Mac and then the 9th for PS3 and Xbox. Next trailer for the episode below. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they tie the whole story up.

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Got this in the sales, glad I'll be able to binge on the lot of it soon.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:18 pm

So finished. VERY happy with that. Spoilers ahead for the ending because....

What the fuck. Obviously the Crooked Man was innocent, technically. I still locked him up but am I right ion thinking it was all Narissa? She made up the story about hearing about the Crooked Man ordering the deaths and he stood there and said nothing. He took the hit for an obvious lie. She was the one that was ordering everything, she was the one that was in charge the whole time. Or am i thinking that because they left the ending obscure? There's just something that doesn't add up. Crooked man had an alibi for EVERYTHING but as soon as she turns up he stands there and says nothing? And the fact she doesn't want you to take off her ribbon. Maybe she's the one that is in fact in charge of everyone? And the fact that Bigby goes through the whole dialogue again (I feel I've met you before, no body, the doctor didn't get back to you for the autopsy) surely means that Narissa = Faith in the first ep? Right? That was a fucking amazing ending! So many different possibilities.

I think in the end Narissa glamoured up as Faith to get Bigby to come and mess with the Crooked Man's affairs to free herself.

God i love Cliffhanger endings.

NG

Postby NG » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

The Crooked Man, as described in the game was a manipulative person who had control of Fabletown. Even though he had valid points for his case, he wasn't on the most supportive side of things to back him up when shit happened i.e. when he was present in both scenes in alley and factory with Bloody Mary & Bigby.

Even if Nerissa/Faith was in charge of the whole thing, I don't mind as things turned out for the better. I would like to know who was the actual victim if it wasn't Faith in the first episode and if Bluebeard was involved (judging by the voice on the answering machine at Beauty and Beast's home) plus in my second playthrough he destroyed some items at Ichobods home which in my first playthrough I didn't find anything significant relating to the case or to Snow White.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 am

I think the servers were mullered last night - tried to play and it was stuck indefinitely on connecting. :(
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am

Yeah it was a great ending.

I still think the Crooked Man was at fault and deserved to be punished. I don't think Narissa was the one behind it all, she told the lie because she wanted to be out of the clutches of the Crooked Man, but there is little doubt that he would want the two women to be taken care of. The fact that he refused to refute this at the end proves it.

That's an interesting idea about Narissa. The first thing I thought was that she was perhaps Red Ridding Hood because of the references to meeting before, but I highly doubt that.

I think you are right that Narissa was glamoured up as Faith at the start of episode one and that Faith was already dead then. Narissa then goes to the Hunstman's apartment with the express intention of creating a situation where Bigby would turn up and feel sorry for her. Then when she places the head of Faith outside his building he has a personal reason to follow the case up. I think this the most plausible explanation based on the evidence from the game.

The other theory is that Narissa is actually Faith and that she found out about the plot to kill her and glamoured Narissa up as Fiath to escape. My counter to this would be how would Faith get Georgie to kill Narissa? She would have had to glamour Narissa up after incapacitating her. It seems a bit off that Faith would intentionally have a friend killed. If someone had killed Narissa first I can see Faith then taking her identity to protect herself, but as the killer was Georgie and he took care of Faith and Lilly to protect Narissa this isn't possible. Thus we are left with the fact that Faith intentionally harmed Narissa which seems out of character. Plus Faith took the photos in the first place. How would she have found out about Narissa telling Gerogie about this when Narissa only spoke to Gerogie. Gerogie then sets out to kill Faith and Lilly. It seems like a bit of a stretch that in that time Faith finds out about the plan, incapacitates Narissa and glamours her up as Faith.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 am

It's finished? Excellent, now to snap the whole thing up in one cheap bundle!
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 am

Quietman wrote:It's finished? Excellent, now to snap the whole thing up in one cheap bundle!

Here you go, easily worth a tenner.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250320/

Do you know the best thing about episode 5 was that the way they ended it means that another series has to be in the works.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah - thinking about it my Narissa is behind the whole thing is way off the mark now I think about it.

I hope they make a season 2, I really do. Enjoyed this style more than TWD and there's so much more they can do in the Fable world. We didn't even get to see the Animal Farm :( Felt sorry for Toad in the end, I sent him to the farm and wish I could have told him to come back and that he's fine. He kinda got dragged up in this for no reason.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing