Telltale's : The Wolf Among Us. Series 2 confirmed 2018

The strategy of playing ones role.
Scrappy

Telltale's : The Wolf Among Us. Series 2 confirmed 2018

Postby Scrappy » Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05 ... ore-152397

Fairytales brought to the modern day. Following the typical Telltale "comic book" look. Their first since Walking Dead it seems very interesting and if they price it right I'll be paying from the off.

here's the blurb:

“The Wolf Among Us puts players in the role of Bigby Wolf, a man once more infamously known as The Big Bad Wolf. Now the sheriff of a hidden community in New York City, exiled from the land of fairy tales, Bigby is tasked by the bureaucrat Snow White to keep order within a society of mythical creatures and characters trying to remain undetected in the world of the mundane. From a chain-smoking member of ‘The Three Little Pigs,’ to a car-stealing Mr. Toad itching for his next wild ride, The Wolf Among Us examines the lives of beings straight from the pages of myth and lore, now trying to survive on the meanest and most run-down streets of New York City.”

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Re: Telltale's : The Wolf Among Us.

Postby Wolfy » Thu May 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat May 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Finished the last episode of The Walking Dead game last night, anything Telltale are doing is going to be great! :)

Tank

Postby Tank » Wed May 15, 2013 8:31 pm

The comic book is great. I am hoping for great things from this.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Hearing really good things about this. Can't wait til Wednesday when I can afford to buy it. Looking forward to it. Lots of reviwers saying the story is on par with Lee and clems in walking dead

Nilly

Postby Nilly » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Bought and did the first episode yesterday. It's really good, certainly as good as TWD in my opinion. Great atmosphere and such. It did however feel pretty short (I guess 3 hours? Not much more than that). I know it's episodic but until the last couple of episodes TWD never felt short even though it was. Guess that doesn't bode too well. The only other fault I have with it is that there aren't really any puzzles. You make decisions to go places before others and that impacts events, sometimes in a big way. It's also possible to miss items/clues which can affect outcomes. The only time I felt like I was doing a puzzle was one of the conversations. Nice cliffhanger ending too, lets hope they actually release these once a month rather than once every two months.

Would recommend though.
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Got this as well, very enjoyable but as Nilly said it did feel very short. The voice acting is excellent and the comic panel style looks wonderful in places.

My only gripes are how short it felt and it stuttered and lagged in places, that may just be a 360 problem mind you.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 pm

This is ace.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:28 am

Finished the first episode. Spoilers below for my theory.

DONT READ THE FIRST SPOILER TAG IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COMICS!!

Spoiler: show
Ok so it's obvious Snow isn't dead. Snow is alive in the comics and this is set before and Bluebeard is also free and roaming Fabletown, so it's not him.
^^ DONT READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COMICS!! ^^

So, a theory:

Spoiler: show
Ok pretty sure that if you don't get thrown down the witching well or aren't forgotten by "mundies" you come back to life, eventually, so....Faith is dead, Snow isn't. Now, I'm not sure exactly why this is but someone definitely wants Bigby dead and maybe Beauty and Snow are in on it too, or trying to protect him. Snow hides one of the notes in Lawrence's apartment from you and she could have easily planted that envelope in the Donkey skin and Beauty has been sneaking around late at night trying to hide from you.I mean,Toad wouldn't have missed the note I don't think. So maybe Snow is being blackmailed by someone to try and discredit but they got too close, just like Faith did. Also, there's the case of the Ginger guy. I've spotted him in every location so far that things have happened in. He was at the start, in the offices, near the elevator before you find the head, and in the chase scene with Tweedle Dee. He's got a part in all this but as to what it is I'm not so sure. Maybe he's looking out for Bigby...maybe not, my theory however is Red Hiding Hood is behind all this using her Grandmothers money (note how Woodsman was there to rob them in the fable) to buy off people, use glamour and "seal the lips" of Faith and the Mirror(as they both put it) . She has power, has connections with the main characters and has reason to go after Bigby. It's not enough for her that he's changed his ways, she wants him dead for what he did, and for good too.

All a bit confusing really, but i guess we'll find out more next episode.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:34 am

I'm going to wait until all of the episodes are out then get it in a sale and not play it, like I did with the walking dead.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:00 am

Edwin wrote:I'm going to wait until all of the episodes are out then get it in a sale and not play it, like I did with the walking dead.

:lol:

same here.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 am

Yep.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Teaser trailer for Episode 2.

Still no release date though. Originally they said it would be out the first week of February, but with just a coming soon at the end of the trailer I'm a bit concerned that it has slipped again. Come on Telltale sod The Walking Dead, just give me more Wolf Among Us.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 am

It's starting to slightly annoying now. It's making me question this episodic thing. I get that it allows them to change and move around things in the story due to feedback, but when you've delayed for nearly three months, people just won't care anymore. I can't even remember half of the choices I made now. If we don't see this in feb I might just wait for them all to come out and play them then. I don't think I'll be buying another TellTale game until every episode is out from now on.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:08 am

Yeah that's how I bought TWD Series 1 as I don't like having an enforced waiting period - Plus it's generally a lot cheaper to get them all in one go in a Humble Bundle or steam sale.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Next

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing