Telltale's : The Wolf Among Us. Series 2 confirmed 2018

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Re: Telltale's : The Wolf Among Us.

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Sigur Ros wrote:It's starting to slightly annoying now. It's making me question this episodic thing. I get that it allows them to change and move around things in the story due to feedback, but when you've delayed for nearly three months, people just won't care anymore. I can't even remember half of the choices I made now. If we don't see this in feb I might just wait for them all to come out and play them then. I don't think I'll be buying another TellTale game until every episode is out from now on.

I don't like the delays either, but I think the experience is much improved by playing them in chunks. I know that the original Walking Dead would in no way have had the same impact on me if I had played all the episodes together. The breaks give you time to think about and dwell on the decisions you have made thus giving them a greater impact.

In this instance I think the delay is down to their workload being too much. There were slight delays during the Walking Dead, but this has been exacerbated by working on two series at once. I would like to see them concentrate on one series at a time and I can't help thinking that they have pushed the release of The Walking Dead Series 2 forward to cash in on its popularity following the huge success of the first series.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Episode 2 out tomorrow on PC, Wednesday for PS3 and X360.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:18 am

Played it an I wasn't overly impressed with episode 2. It ended well, but nothing really happened. I guess episode two in a story like this is setting everything up and explaining what happened in 1 but after the long wait it was very much a "is that it?" reaction from me.Incredibly short (I finished it in about an hour) and nothing really of note happened. Very underwhelming. Not bad, but not really that good either.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Sigur Ros wrote:Played it an I wasn't overly impressed with episode 2. It ended well, but nothing really happened. I guess episode two in a story like this is setting everything up and explaining what happened in 1 but after the long wait it was very much a "is that it?" reaction from me.Incredibly short (I finished it in about an hour) and nothing really of note happened. Very underwhelming. Not bad, but not really that good either.

Erm nothing of note? What about the reveal at the start, that was pretty noteworthy.

I've yet to finish this episode, just reached the strip club, but so far I'm enjoying it as much as the previous episode. I think overall it has been a slow start to the story so I'm not too bothered if it continues that pace in this episode. I really like the setting, music and the atmosphere the game creates which combine to make me really enjoying the game.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm

60 minutes though Dj (which RPS say as well), that's pretty thin content really. Especially after waiting a third of a year for it.

RPS say they think it's down to Telltale securing more prestigious licenses (like GoT) and pushing this down the pecking order.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Sly Boots wrote:60 minutes though Dj (which RPS say as well), that's pretty thin content really. Especially after waiting a third of a year for it.

RPS say they think it's down to Telltale securing more prestigious licenses (like GoT) and pushing this down the pecking order.

I agree that is too short for something that we have had to wait so long for. I do hope that this is just a one off then and that they put more effort into the next episode, or indeed we get episode 3 in a month or so.

If they have indeed sacrificed the series to work on bigger IPs then I will be incredibly disappointed, as despite my lack of knowledge regarding the comic books, I am far more interested in this setting than Game of Thrones, Borderlands or The Walking Dead.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:29 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Sigur Ros wrote:Played it an I wasn't overly impressed with episode 2. It ended well, but nothing really happened. I guess episode two in a story like this is setting everything up and explaining what happened in 1 but after the long wait it was very much a "is that it?" reaction from me.Incredibly short (I finished it in about an hour) and nothing really of note happened. Very underwhelming. Not bad, but not really that good either.

Erm nothing of note? What about the reveal at the start, that was pretty noteworthy.

I've yet to finish this episode, just reached the strip club, but so far I'm enjoying it as much as the previous episode. I think overall it has been a slow start to the story so I'm not too bothered if it continues that pace in this episode. I really like the setting, music and the atmosphere the game creates which combine to make me really enjoying the game.

Yeah, I read the comics though so I already knew it.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Well it turned out it was a rather short episode, but I still enjoyed it. I had a hunch about who Lilly's client might be from pretty early on and it was confirmed as soon as I saw the contents of the room, so it wasn't much of a surprise when I found out who it was.

Spoiler: show
Obviously he isn't the killer though.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 pm

Episode 3 trailer.

No release date yet, but the last episode was out two months ago this week so it shouldn't be too long before we hear something.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:36 pm

I was wondering the other day where the fuck this was.

Taking the piss a little now. I get the impression with all these games they're doing now, they've spread themselves too thin.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm

If it comes out this week or early next week then I don't think two months is too long to wait. The first series of The Walking Dead was about every two months.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:53 pm

I can't even remember what happened now. -_-
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Episode 3 is out next Tuesday. Yay!

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Let's hope it's a bit longer than 2. Kinda feel the focus has moved onto TWD 2.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing