Battle Worlds: Kronos

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Battle Worlds: Kronos

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:15 am

This is rather a strange one. KING Art Games, best known for The Book of Unwritten tales a point and click adventure, have decided to turn their hand to the turn based strategy genre. It looks pretty interesting, like someone took Command and Conquer and added turn based combat. They have pretty much finished the game, but have turned to Kickstarter to see them over the line with a goal of just $120,000 and a release date of Q4 2013. You can pledge your support here.

It certainly looks like one to keep an eye on and personally I am loving the resurgence of the turn based genre, whether it be on a grand scale like this or a smaller scale with XCOM.

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Re: Battle Worlds: Kronos

Postby Mantis » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:25 pm

This looks great, especially to say that it's in pre-alpha stage. I also do love me some turn based action; I think the genre has taken off again a little partly owing to the success of more casual games on iOS and Android. Mobile games have pushed the genre back into the spotlight and people are keen to experience full gaming experiences of it on console and PC.

It's received almost $100,000 of funding already.

I like how gamers have become so cynical and hostile towards the industry that:

No DLC scheme, no micro-transactions.
No DRM. No “always-on” necessity. Pinkie swear.

has actually become a noteworthy selling point for a game.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:10 pm

RPS Interview with developer

The game has also been funded so they have added a few stretch goals. I think the third one in particular is very clever. One of the major issues with Kickstarter projects so far has been pushed release dates, especially for those who get a lot more money than they anticipates, to offer a free add-on at a later date is a good way of getting around this problem.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:41 pm

I had totally forgotten about this game and to my surprise it is due out on the 4th of November.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing