Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - F2P CCG

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - F2P CCG

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Has anyone been playing this at all? I've been watching some Youtube videos and I like the look of it, not had any luck getting into the beta yet though.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Nope. Same situation as you. A few of my friends have it and really enjoy it though. Looks to be a really nice little card game, doubt I'll spend anything on it, but it will be good non the less.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:40 pm

I've had a code for the beta for ages. Not played it yet though. Sorry.

I'm a prick I know. Sorry.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Medicine Man wrote:I've had a code for the beta for ages. Not played it yet though. Sorry.

I'm a prick I know. Sorry.

Give it to me!!!! :)

Nilly

Postby Nilly » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:59 pm

I've been playing it quite a lot if that helps. :P It's good, the best CCG I've played for a while. I've finally managed to accumulate enough gold to get a few packs and make a couple of reasonably cohesive decks and started winning a few times. Still getting to grips with the Arena, the randomness of it can make doing it a complete waste, but at the very least you get a card pack out of it.
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Managed to get a key today. Nice to see that after many years out of playing WoW, the Blizzard download tool is still really slow.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Finally made some time to sit down and play this and I can't log into Battle.net. Yay!

:cry:

If and when that happens we should get some games going Dj. If that's even possible.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah same situation for me. Game was bugged yesterday and today Battle.net is down. Classic Blizzard really. :) Just shoot me your battle.net name and I'll add you.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Arf Battle.net is down for Diablo 3 as well.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:53 am

I am also on the beta for this but not played a huge amount. Will add my Blizznetthingy name when I get home.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:19 pm

DjchunKfunK if anyone wants to add me.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Turns out that because I'm a creepy raging stalker I have you both added already.

If I'm online I'm up for games whenever, just don't expect me to be any good. :)

Zael

Postby Zael » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm also playing this as Zael. Really enjoying it.
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 am

Mage has been nerfed in the latest patch along with other 'fixes'. Boooo...

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/11868609/

General

You are now able to abandon one quest per day. When you abandon a quest, you’ll receive a new, random quest in its place.
New Feature: Recently played Opponent – Your friends list now displays the last person you played against, provided they were not a Real ID or BattleTag friend. If you had a particularly great match against someone, you can now friend them for future play!
New Feature: Players Near Me - You can now opt-in to seeing other Hearthstone players on your local network in your friends list.
Parental controls can now disable in-game Shop purchases.
You now have the option to keep the sound playing while the game is running in the background.
The amount of gold gained by winning games in Play mode per day is now capped at 100. This cap does not affect gold gained through Quests, Arena, or Achievements. There will now be an indication within the game when this gold cap is reached. This cap is intended to combat certain methods of gold acquisition that violate our Terms of Service. The spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, and we will continue to monitor gold acquisition activity closely to ensure a fun and enjoyable game environment for everyone.

Ranking

The Ranked play system has been completely redone
There are now month long seasons that reset at the end of each month
There are new ranks and minion portraits for all levels of play
You earn a star for each win and lose one for each loss and your stars determine your rank
Players who get to top rank of legend and are in the top 10,000 players have their exact region-wide ranking displayed
There will be rewards for playing ranked mode in the future, but they were not implemented with this patch, and will be added at a future date.

Arena

The number of matches you can win in Arena has increased to 12 (up from 9).
Arena rewards have been restructured.

Gameplay

General
All Golden cards are now animated.
The visual effects of some cards have been improved.
Ysera now summons her Dream cards directly from the Emerald Dream!
King Krush now makes a dinosauric appearance when played!
Al’Akir the Windlord now rides into battle on the tempest itself!
Hunter
Unleash the Hounds has been reworked and now reads: “(4) For each enemy minion, summon a 1/1 Hound with Charge”.
The previous version of this card was allowing Hunters to win in a single turn, starting with no minions on the board. The new version should give hunters some fun new card combinations and bolster their AoE ability.
Temporarily increased the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting Unleash the Hounds such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft Unleash the Hounds.
Starving Buzzard is now a 2/1 (was a 2/2).
At some ranks, Hunter was too strong against Mage, Druid and Rogue. This change to Starving Buzzard helps even the playing field against those classes.
Priest
Mind Control’s mana cost is now 10 (up from 8).
Mind Control was frustrating to play against. Players worked to summon their powerful minions and not only lose the minion but die to that same minion the next turn. This change will give you a couple more turns to play with your Ragnaros.
Warlock
Flame Imp’s Battlecry now deals 3 damage (up from 2).
This minor change should help bring the warlock’s early game down a small amount. We’re keeping our eye on other cards that help the Warlock maintain early board advantage and will make additional changes if necessary in a future patch.
Temporarily increased the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting Flame Imp such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft Flame Imp.
Neutral
Argent Commander is now a 4/2 (was a 4/3).
Argent Commander is played more often than we’d like, so we are reducing its power slightly to increase the variety of cards being played.
Temporarily increased the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting Argent Commander such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft Argent Commander.
Shattered Sun Cleric is now a 3/2 (was a 3/3).
Shattered Sun Cleric is keeping the creature rush decks healthy enough to avoid many board clearing spells. By reducing the Health by 1, this leaves Shattered Sun Cleric a bit more vulnerable while still remaining strong.
The golden version of the Elite Tauren Chieftain has been added to collections of those who attended BlizzCon 2013 or who purchased a Virtual Ticket.
If this card does not show up, make sure the code found on the back of the digital items card found in the badge holder, or sent to you with a purchase of the Virtual Ticket, has been added to your Battle.net Account.

UI

The chat UI has received additional improvements.
Your player rank (icon and number) is now visible in the friends list, the versus screen and your BattleTag in-game.
The PrintScreen key now takes a screenshot of your game and saves it to your desktop.
Custom art has been added to headers for each class in the collection manager.
The toggle between Casual and Ranked Play modes is now more explicit.
The art has been updated for the box and pack opening screens.

Bug Fixes

Alexstrasza’s ability no longer counts as a healing effect when raising the target’s health to 15 and will not affect Armor when lowering health to 15.
Fixed an issue where Truesilver Champion could trigger twice from one attack.
Faceless Manipulator will now properly copy all buffs on a minion.
Fixed an issue where replacing your hero with Lord Jaraxxus counted as a minion death.
Fixed a visual issue where casting Mass Dispel while multiple global buffs were active was not updating the stats correctly.
Fixed various issues involving the use of Tracking.
Fixed an issue where Fatigue damage triggering Ice Block caused the client to halt.
Playing a minion during Brawl’s animation no longer causes client issues.
Freeze should now always properly cause the affected minion or Hero to miss its next attack phase.
Fixed various issues involving the mechanic of returning cards to a player’s hand.
Minions returning to the board from resurrection effects no longer trigger secrets.
Fixed various issues resulting from viewing the credits.
The cinematic can now be viewed multiple times from the Game Menu.
Fixes various issues where twinkling sound effects would loop.
Using the “<” or “>” symbols while naming decks no longer causes client issues.
The Coin now displays the correct highlight as it enters your hand.
The warning message for disenchanting cards should now appear at the appropriate times.
Green highlights around minions are now updating correctly.
Golden cards earned in the Arena now appear with the correct border on the reward screen.
Fixed multiple spelling and grammatical errors in card flavor text.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm

I played a few games yesterday and I'm slowly getting the hang of deck building. I just think I need a few more decent neutral cards for my Warrior deck. Right now it is coming down too much to luck as to whether I can win or not.

I also played a match that saw me take a Hunter down to 1hp whilst I was around 20hp. However I couldn't beat him. I was top-decking and was getting nothing, while he was constantly getting out what he needed. It was so annoying.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing