The Walking Dead (Telltale) Series 2 planned for Q4 2013

The strategy of playing ones role.
Scrappy

Re: The Walking Dead (Telltale) Series 2 planned for Q4 2013

Postby Scrappy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Spoiler: show
I....I don't know what to say. Killed Kenny because i thought he'd gone off the rails. No matter what Jane did, she didn't deserve to die. I didn't think she would have killed the baby, so I thought Zombies got her. After the reveal that the baby wasn't actually dead, I felt slightly better killing Kenny. If he's prepared to kill someone with no evidence for anything and be judge and executioner he kinda deserved it one day. Pissed that Mike was going to leave with the others, i thought he was a decent chap until then. Stealing food and the car would have killed Kenny, Jane, Clem and the baby. Real coming of age story for Clem. She went from the timid, all loving girl, to someone built to live in this world. Jane will be used until she is a threat, or she's done being useful and then me and the baby are going it alone.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Just seen series 2 is down to £7.50, reckon that's the jumping in point for me.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah me too I think.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:28 pm

This game. This fuckin' game.

:D

:shock:

:(

:cry:

Keeps getting you right in the feels.
My face is tired.

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 am

I killed Kenny (you bastard!) because I knew straight away that Jane didn't kill AJ, she wouldn't have done that. It was the hardest choice i have ever made in a game, the sad thing is, if it was Jane with the knife at Kenny's throat, I would have shot Jane, despite me knowing the baby wasn't dead. I didn't want either of them to die, but they couldn't have stayed together. I bawled like a baby as soon as Clem pulled the trigger and Kenny lurched backwards, I didn't even cry when Lee died, Kenny was a great character.

I then turned the people away at Carvers place, which was a mistake as they had a gun and could have easily pulled it on us but didn't.

I then watched the alternate endings and ended up bawling again when I saw Kennys redeeming scene at Wellington. Which had me thinking.

I don't know if I made the right choice at all. My Lee told Clem to stay in groups, I ignored that in the end. Kenny was always out to protect the innocent and weakest, see Ben from season 1, yet I still put him down, he was a hard ass crazy psycho in the end, but he put himself on the line for the group, and for Clem in so many situations that he deserved better, yet Clem put him down like the rabid dog from episode 1. But on the other hand Kenny was so obsessed with protecting Clem and AJ that when something potentially happened to them, he went full berserk mode, now I'm not saying that he shouldn't have in that situation, but what if something happened to Clem or AJ in the future that was an accident, no-ones fault, would Kenny have been lost forever? Who knows, but I will remember Kenny for the loving father figure he was, not the one eyed psycho that he became. RIP Kenny.

But the writing has been so fantastic in this season that I think that no matter what choice you make you will always be left thinking, what if? Well done TellTale, you had me crying like a baby, and pulled at all my heartstrings, I look forward to Season 3.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Funnily enough, I made exactly the same choices as you. The way I see it, Kenny was a liability. I'll still remember him, but everywhere he went he destroyed everything with his shitty attitude. Jane didn't kill the baby, I knew that, and he with 0 proof decided to kill her. Can't have people like that around AJ. It's me and Jane, alone, and then when she becomes a liability, It'll be me and AJ.

Felt bad for that family, but again, it was only a matter of time before it was going to be a "them and us" situation. If Jane wants to leave, she'll leave, but she won't try to kill me, or steal from me. She'll up and go, whilst I can't really trust anyone else to do the same

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Finished it. Awesome series, if anything better than the first (less characters I didn't give a shit about, more characters that it pained me to lose). Clem was an awesome protagonist.

And I took the different route to both you heartless bastards :P . Maybe it's having kids myself, but I could just see that everything Kenny was doing was for AJ and Clem, and when he thought the baby had been killed of course he went beserk. Jane 100% engineered that situation because she wanted rid of Kenny but knew my Clem would never choose to leave Kenny as things stood. I resented her for forcing me into that situation when she could have backed off at any time and stopped being such a bitch. I liked her character up to then and didn't even hold a grudge about her potentially getting everyone killed by boning Luke and then abandoning the group. But one step too far. If anything, she was the psycho. And I wept like a baby when Kenny went off into the sunset. I wanted to stay with him, in fact, but decided that from a narrative standpoint that his journey was all about redemption, and making sure the surrogate family he adopted made it safe, when his real family didn't.

I don't regret my choice. Me and you, Kenny. Me and you.
My face is tired.

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:06 pm

I have kids too, I know she engineered it, but she didn't know he was going to try and kill her, she put her knife away yet Kenny still went after her, she even tried to tell him to stop, he didn't give her a chance to explain herself, he just assumed she murdered the baby. Kenny told Clem when he was dying that she made the right choice, he knew he was going down a dark path. Yes Jane isn't perfect but Kenny couldn't and wouldn't listen to anyone else ideas or plans. *He* was going to Wellington, and when he was outvoted he just shouted until he got his own way. I loved Kenny and backed him up whenever possible, but he was dangerous, and could have easily led Clem and AJ to their deaths.

I am glad he got his redemption story, but it could have easily backfired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Nah, disagree. He had a short fuse, but everything he did was for the safety and best interests of the group. Even after a blazing row which was supposed to show how close to the edge he was, he was still the one going out into the storm, putting his life on the line to get fuel. You choose the ending I did and he sacrifices himself to get the kids safe without hesitation, and they're weren't even his. There was literally nothing stopping Jane just leaving and heading out on her own like she so obviously wanted to, instead she decided to push someone who was on the edge having lost literally everyone he ever cared about beyond the point of rational thought. And if she did suddenly want to stop the encounter, simply saying the baby was alive would have achieved that in a split-second. She got what was coming to her imho.
My face is tired.

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 pm

I backed Kenny all the way even knowing that he was losing it. Most of the situation was his fault, whatever his intentions he drove two otherwise decent people to trying to run away and steal most of their food. Opted to shoot him like most of you, but I didn't stay with Jane in the end, because she was fucking nuts as well.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Just played the first episode. Pretty good so far, thought they did a really good job of showing how Clem has grown up. I think I'll leave it a bit before I tackle episode two, I feel the series works a bit better if you have time to think about and process what has happened before tackling the next one.

I was quite surprised that the I was in the minority of people who saved the young guy rather than Uncle Pete, especially as Pete had been bit.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:49 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:Just played the first episode. Pretty good so far, thought they did a really good job of showing how Clem has grown up. I think I'll leave it a bit before I tackle episode two, I feel the series works a bit better if you have time to think about and process what has happened before tackling the next one.

I was quite surprised that the I was in the minority of people who saved the young guy rather than Uncle Pete, especially as Pete had been bit.

Same here, Dj. I wanted to save the other guy, but that fact meant I just couldn't justify doing so. Still felt crappy about it though.
My face is tired.

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:Just played the first episode. Pretty good so far, thought they did a really good job of showing how Clem has grown up. I think I'll leave it a bit before I tackle episode two, I feel the series works a bit better if you have time to think about and process what has happened before tackling the next one.

I chose to save the young guy, Ben 2.0. Purely because the other guy had been bit and was of no use to me now.

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing