Project Godus - Molyneux Reinventing Populous

The strategy of playing ones role.
Subway Diet

Re: Project Godus - Molyneux Reinventing Populous

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Vagina!

Only, not we're not talking cucumbers, if you know what I'm saying. ;)

Any way, more chat about that poor old sod:

You know, as nice as he appears to be and entertained by his games as I have been over the past decades... I do feel his over promising and apology act is indefensible at this point. :?
End of an Era

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:57 am

I do not like Peter. I won't go on and on about how much of a twat I think he is, but the fact that people still fall for this bullshit amuses me greatly. I didn't buy any Peter game since Fable 1, and i won't ever, EVER buy one again. EVER. Twat.

Also, on Jim...why the fuck does he do the talky bits before and after the actual well scripted thought out middle bit? It just annoys the fuck out of me. It's not adding anything to the video. It detracts from it.

Fuck me I'm getting grumpy in my old age.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:33 am

Subway Diet wrote:pickle jar!

Any way, more chat about that poor old sod:

You know, as nice as he appears to be and entertained by his games as I have been over the past decades... I do feel his over promising and apology act is indefensible at this point. :?

It's videos like this that reinforce the point that the RPS interview was toxic, unprofessional and actually through its tone completely undermines the point they were trying to make.

There clearly are big questions that PM needs to answer chiefly concerning patterns of behaviour that go back decades, some of which are brought up here. But after RPS launched in with amateur psychological diagnoses, accusations and over-emotional verbal wrangling, that got lost. Instead they try to pillory him for staying overnight at a hotel in Mayfair, or try to trip him up over answers he is trying to explain (like the server issue, or not going to many events any more).
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:35 am

Sigur Ros wrote:I do not like Peter. I won't go on and on about how much of a twat I think he is, but the fact that people still fall for this bullshit amuses me greatly. I didn't buy any Peter game since Fable 1, and i won't ever, EVER buy one again. EVER. Twat.

Also, on Jim...why the fuck does he do the talky bits before and after the actual well scripted thought out middle bit? It just annoys the fuck out of me. It's not adding anything to the video. It detracts from it.

Fuck me I'm getting grumpy in my old age.

I don't think I could ever hate the man who single-handedly (ok, he was part of a team, but you get the point) brought me more of my formative gaming experiences than any other - Powermonger, Populous, Populous 2, Syndicate, Theme Park. I even liked Fable. I never bought Magic Carpet or B&W though as neither really appealed to me.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:33 pm

I have to say I don't like the bad rap Fable appears to be getting. The first game was pretty good and the second was excellent. I don't think anybody really needs to qualify their enjoyment of the Fable titles.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:07 pm

I always preferred the first to the second.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:57 am

See while I get that PM can over-enthuse about things that prove too ambitious and never actually see the light of day, I don't think he should be pilloried for it.

In projects I have worked on, there have frequently been features touted in early stages which further investigation/development have ruled out. Solution brainstorming often comes up with fantastic ideas to meet the project aims and much like Pulp Fiction's piece on TV pilots, some go well and become solutions, some don't and become nothing.

So with that in mind, if you are PM and are invited to do an interview in those early stages, you are going to enthuse about what is currently on the table. Potentially you are going to extrapolate what could happen with those systems implemented (have an oak tree grow from an acorn over the course of the game...).

The creative process always goes through changes, and it is not right to batter him because a feature he talked about didn't make it to production. Unless you are just remaking the same game with a facelift, you are never going to be able to guarantee that all those good ideas will come to fruition. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have them though! Or talk about them when asked.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Subway Diet wrote:pickle jar!

I actually don't.. :D

Snowy wrote:See while I get that PM can over-enthuse about things that prove too ambitious and never actually see the light of day, I don't think he should be pilloried for it.

In projects I have worked on, there have frequently been features touted in early stages which further investigation/development have ruled out. Solution brainstorming often comes up with fantastic ideas to meet the project aims and much like Pulp Fiction's piece on TV pilots, some go well and become solutions, some don't and become nothing.

So with that in mind, if you are PM and are invited to do an interview in those early stages, you are going to enthuse about what is currently on the table. Potentially you are going to extrapolate what could happen with those systems implemented (have an oak tree grow from an acorn over the course of the game...).

The creative process always goes through changes, and it is not right to batter him because a feature he talked about didn't make it to production. Unless you are just remaking the same game with a facelift, you are never going to be able to guarantee that all those good ideas will come to fruition. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have them though! Or talk about them when asked.

Yeah pretty much. I think he was specifically very un-reliable at delivering on his promises but I have always view the games media as having the role of filtering out the bullsh*t. So while I think he has failed to deliver on his promises, Games Media have failed to do their job of providing accurate estimations of what a game will be when it is finished.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Another broken promise ;)
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Some of those comments. :roll:

Godus Wars sounds quite interesting, the kind of RTS that I could get into as it sounds like it doesn't require a whole load of strategy.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Even the god of gods cant be arsed with it :lol:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Had a wee peek at Godus Wars. Yeah, it's kinda fun, but it's still pretty rough and the whole slowly spreading the landscape about thing still feels like a pain in the ass.

I don't think it'll be too bad for a quick pass time, assuming they actually finish the thing this time.
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:39 am

I played a bit of this lastnight and so far so basic, in fact it might be a bit too basic. Hopefully there is a bit more depth as the game continues because right now it feels very much like My First RTS.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:49 am

Will say it again but just make a game that people are wanting. Let the game do the talking and not you. You will put off more people even thinking about the game soon as you open your mouth, Peter.

Go do a reboot of Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital, Magic carpet or Syndicate etc and not these flimsy mobile looking games.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing