Project Godus - Molyneux Reinventing Populous

The strategy of playing ones role.
Achtung Englander

Re: Project Godus - Molyneux Reinventing Populous

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:54 pm

can someone please explain to me what Edwin stands for. I named my son Edwin and in the urban dictionary it means someone who is excessively happy, but that interpretation obviously does not apply here. Its making the Mrs nervous.

btw - I have only come across Edwin as derogatory name in this forum
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:can someone please explain to me what Edwin stands for. I named my son Edwin and in the urban dictionary it means someone who is excessively happy, but that interpretation obviously does not apply here. Its making the Mrs nervous.

It auto-corrects the c-word as Edwin. Because Edwin is a Edwin.
My face is tired.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:11 pm

oh

:wink:
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Still funny

Also there are other words filtered, but I can't remember what they are.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:38 pm

Snowy wrote:Walker came across as a total Edwin in that interview, I would happily smack him in the fucking mouth, prissy gobshite Edwin.

I agree here also. He was little more dignified than a stereotypical Jeremy Kyle in much of that. I can't say that I know much of this mans games but all of that interview was little more than a public rotten vegatable throwing of the chap.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:37 am

I mean, Paxman gets away with it because he is baiting filthy lying cunts who are tasked with running the country.

John Wanker is a whiny Edwin trying to imitate Paxman levels of doggedness with a guy who is late finishing a video game. Not the same thing at all.

Plus, Wanker has no skill whatsoever in that capacity. I have never liked him or his endless soap-box diatribes on RPS, but this is a truly new low.

Edwin.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:38 am

Achtung Englander wrote:can someone please explain to me what Edwin stands for. I named my son Edwin and in the urban dictionary it means someone who is excessively happy, but that interpretation obviously does not apply here. Its making the Mrs nervous.

This made me laugh out loud :) There is a certain expression which Edwin (the forumite) is universally known as, four letters long, begins with a C...

I am not sure that Edwin Englander need worry too much :D

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:33 pm

An interesting read, perhaps, in light of the reaction to Peter Molyneux and Godus this week:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magaz ... .html?_r=0
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Too long, didnt read it all. Social media is a double edged sword right enough though!

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Edwin wrote:Still funny

Also there are other words filtered, but I can't remember what they are.

Blunt expressions of the low quality of the thread used to do it. I'll try it

I'm now going to post an informative and thoughtful thread.

EDIT: Still works!
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:30 am

Also if you happen to attempt to make the word 'leet' out of numbers, you get the name of a rather spiffy space game instead.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:54 am

Freelancer?
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:43 pm

No no Sly we are talking good game ;)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:47 pm

:o
My face is tired.

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:42 pm

I have literally never played a single game by PM. I remember looking forward to Black and White but not buying because it turned out to be sh*t. Also the demo was terrible. Once BW2 also under delivered I knew that PM was not a reliable content creator. That was the point at which the media should have stopped actually buying into his sh*t. Peter is clearly a little too over ambitious and over excitable but this attack sort of reeks of game critics looking to defend their own incompetence when dealing with him. Nobody was holding a gun to their heads to re-inforce his BS. Lest they forget, it is actually their job to cut the through the BS and give their audience an accurate estimation of what is being produced.

This got out of control because of the gaming press, which indulged Peters nonsense. The problem is that PM is not the only example, it happens with an enormous number of games. Time and again we have read how this new game was going to actually simulate this real thing etc.. The Elder Scrolls was one of the best examples where it was going to have a real economy and people were going to remember you and you're actions in the game would have real consequences on the world. All total BS. It was all just more scripting trying to pretend that those things were being simulated. They never, ever learn.

Now they have their scapegoat. bu.. but Peter lied to us! they shriek. Yeah but YOU reprinted his lie. YOU endorsed and got behind his lie and printed it in big fucking letters in your rag of a magazine. It was around 2005 that I realized the gaming press were nothing but a conduit for the unfetted propaganda of game developers. Their reviews were questionable, but the previews were not. The previews were always hyperbole crammed bullsh*t and they were called out on it hundreds of times, and after more than a decade of not doing their job they decide to put all the responsibility at somebody elses door. How very brave Mr Walker. Bravo.

Edwin.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing