Star Citizen

The strategy of playing ones role.
Jez

Re: Star Citizen

Postby Jez » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 am

So after a protracted series of emails denying that I cant get a refund. They have finally relented and are processing a full refund of my money into this. It's taken a month of this over and back to get there though.

Totally lost any confidence that they can deliver this behemoth they've sold to everyone so I'm out. CIG have lost the plot since I've last posted with their revised Terms of service and Roberts spouting stuff about Minimal viable product on release and all that. So yeah not for me it's a mess and it's been 4 years looking and playing no better even worse in some cases than when I first installed the thing 2 years ago.

I'll buy back in at commercial release if it's actually got a game play and I'm not dying of old age.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:54 pm

And that's that.

Refund received on paypal. Can now wash hands of it all and look forward to playing it as a regular punter if they ever release anything conventionally.

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Had you invested/donated a decent amount? I'd be a bit miffed at this stage if I'd paid for one of those several hundred quid ships.
Listen to me. Traitor.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:08 pm

It's a real shame. Even though every bit of experience I have as a PM was telling me that the rabid feature-creep (featuresplosion? They virtually reinvented it they went at it so hard!) that happened during the endless cash-grab kickstarter campaign would create an unattainable finished product that would end up a mess, I still hoped they would pull it off. Unfortunately I can say I told you so, and that is genuinely a shame.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:20 pm

BoggyB wrote:Had you invested/donated a decent amount? I'd be a bit miffed at this stage if I'd paid for one of those several hundred quid ships.

I was in for 200 quid roughly with the 3 packages I got back in 2012. As you say snowy it is a PM nightmare but not necessarily for feature creep. It's just everything else! Numerous refactoring of entire engine, very poor flight model that takes huge effort on the users part to feel even remotely comfortable, then shooting themselves in the foot several times with poorly handled community issues. I just had enough and feel fortunate that I got money back in the end.

It's a sham it really is.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:23 pm

It's a shame the two bastions of space awesomeness both ended up as jobbies in the shunky. :(
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Assume your on about ED there also :) it's a funny one that. I feel I got monies worth out of it but it's a shadow of what it could become. It might get there one day.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Jez, a friend of mine is struggling with his refund.
Any chance you would mind PMing me the particulars so I can pass it onto him, maybe help his case?
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:44 pm

I am in the process of putting together redacted pictures of my emails to assist a few folk it'll be a few days I'm away from home for a few nights.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Awesome, he'll appreciate that.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Google is your friends friend also ya know. Getting a star citizen refund in there is pretty much what I did at end of the day.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:56 am

You got an email address I can send a word file to tich? Strung together all my letters into word.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:44 am

Jez wrote:Assume your on about ED there also :) it's a funny one that. I feel I got monies worth out of it but it's a shadow of what it could become. It might get there one day.

Yes I feel the same. It is a bit hollow - it would be nice to have some story arcs built into missions and the like, something like that. Nonetheless I have put a lot of time in and for the most part thoroughly enjoyed it. The planetary landings were a total miss, but they are continuing to work on it and I am happy about that.

Star Citizen really does seem to have imploded in every way imaginable from having a little skim around the news sites.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:34 am

Jez wrote:Google is your friends friend also ya know. Getting a star citizen refund in there is pretty much what I did at end of the day.

Yeah, he's started proceedings, gone to Citizens Advice etc etc.
He's on first name terms with Derek Smart..... O_o

Still getting told no.

I suspect he's done everything you have but would be good for him to have a success story to match notes with :)

Heeeeeeeey

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:42 am

How much is he in for with it all? When did he last try getting a resolution?

I've sent you my stuff BTW let me know if you get it.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing