Star Citizen

The strategy of playing ones role.
Rusty

Re: Star Citizen

Postby Rusty » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Every time I see a demo I marvel at it's prettiness but blanche at the motion blur they put on and just how slow everyone turns. I assume they're doing it on purpose to make it more cinematic for the viewer but to play it would be awful. I want a twitch 180 build :)

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:36 pm

God that's the last thing the game needs. Especially in the flight model, it's mega twitchy and floaty light in all degrees of movement paying no mind to the size and mass of the ship being flown. There's a lot of work needed on the very basics of the game let alone nice spangly shiny stuff. Suppose well see what comes of this magic 3.0 patch around end of the year.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:39 am

I suppose I should have said I meant the first person bits rather than the flying.

I played a build, that was free, a long time back and it all felt 'wrong'. Elite has ship handling spot on but hasn't yet delved into first person movement.

STuG

Postby STuG » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:41 am

I have absolutely nothing invested either financially or emotionally in this game at all, i cast an occasional eye over things from time to time as it is a genre i enjoy.

The following quote is taken from the RSI forums.

2016.10.03 - The RSI Polaris will go on Concept Sale this Sunday, October 9th for the introductory price of $750. It will have LTI. This Concept Sale will not be stock limited.

I had to read that a few times to make sure the figure was correct. A digital object in a game that doesn't fully exist. I have mentioned before that a real life friend of mine has dumped four digits worth of Sterling into this already.

I am and remain stunned.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:49 am

Roberts is the single best snake-oil salesman in the history of the world.

A single piece of pre-order DLC for £750? The mind fucking boggles.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Still feel ripped off I picked this as one of my free ATI video card games when I could have got Zuma instead ¬_¬
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:03 pm

STuG wrote:
2016.10.03 - The RSI Polaris will go on Concept Sale this Sunday, October 9th for the introductory price of $750. It will have LTI. This Concept Sale will not be stock limited.

Get it while it's cheap, folks!

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:36 pm

$750 is bad enough. But they are rerolling out another jpeg sale on the javelin for the low low price of $2500. This way back was supposed to originally be a one off ship that wouldn't come back on sale now they are rerolling it again.

So glad I got out of this utter mess of a development. They have their annual shitfest called "citizenCON" on the 9th coming up which I suppose it why these jpegs are being toddled out again.

Kotaku did a series of articles on this whole car crash recently which is well worth a read.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:54 am

All of my PM alarm bells, finely honed by years of experiencing the myriad mechanisms of up-fuckery, were jangling well before they progressed beyond feature creep into feature gallop before going into feature hyperdrive.

To put it another way, I went from alarm bells, to a klaxon, to sirens, ending up with the project manager 3 minute warning sounding in my brain. They took blue-sky thinking to a level that, even if you had given the brief to Valve, they couldn't have come through with the goods, let alone a start-up with no track history.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:14 am

I do think they will release "something" at some point and call it Star Citizen 1.0

What that will contain and when it might arrive is anyone's guess really. My personal guess is that they'll release sq42 (episode 1) end of next year with the Persistent universe not far behind with maybe 3 systems to fly around. They currently have half a system "done" that's not including all of the gameplay features like mining, trading, exploration etc that's basic things like just combat.

So they say the final game will have 100+ systems. Could be awhile.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:41 am

Heh yea Jez some buggy mess version then quickly shut up shop and run.

They'll be sweating and hungry for people to pick up SQ42 that aren't already in the rabid fanbase to milk afterwards.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 am

Oh and the flight model and game engine in general are still in a really bad way.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:10 pm

This is worth watching for the cringe factor. Roberts plays his own game and fails and strops badly. This is on version 2.0 released about Xmas last year. Too funny this cringe-santa appearing is so bad.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:49 pm

Is anyone catching the live stream of Citizen Con at the moment? It's very depressing so far :shock:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:35 am

There are no words as to the depths they have dropped to. Reddit has exploded about it all.

From heights of 70k watching the show last year last night peaked at 34k and dropped to 7k midway.

They've totally ripped off the dune sandworms and Tusken Raiders. What's next blatant death star rip off?

No release date for update 3.0 let alone any details on the MVP or SQ42

Terrible.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing