Star Citizen

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Re: Star Citizen

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:07 am

I bet they stuck that sandworm in because of the stuff around No Man Sky.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:22 am

The demos I have seen always look pretty great, like the one below. It just feels like they will never actually get a game together.

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/v/940 ... =02h11m00s

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/v/94032328

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:29 am

An early version of Star marine is now available for those with beta access. It hasn't looked that great from videos I've seen, very generic.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:32 am

Haven't heard any feedback personally but it was looking very generic as you say. It's a one map tdm type of affair. Not sure what the net quality will be like though, prior to release there were Screenshots of internal testing over LAN showing pings up to 800! Ouch. On LAN.

Reading a bit about. Apparently they had to disable the space arena commander to get this on and the client must be manually quit and restarted after each game. Lots of crashes and graphical problems.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:55 am

And that's Crytek now suing RSI over breaches in contract.

Cloud Imperium Games (CIG), the developer behind Star Citizen and Squadron 42, is being sued by Crytek for an alleged breach of contract and copyright infringement.

In its lawsuit, Crytek claims to have licensed CryEngine at a below-market rate, in an agreement that would have put its trademarks and branding at prominent display across Star Citizen. Crytek alleges that CIG began removing its trademarks and branding form Star Citizen around September of 2016, and attempted to minimize CryEngine’s prominence by stating that Star Citizen was built on top of “Star Engine.” This was only made worse when CIG switched from CryEngine to Amazon’s Lumberyard earlier this year, entirely removing the CryEngine branding, which Crytek claims puts CIG in breach of contract.

Crytek also states that it licensed its engine to the developer for one game – Star Citizen – but alleges that CIG appears to be creating two games – Star Citizen and Squadron 42, the latter being a single-player game being sold separately. Crytek claims to have notified CIG of this contractual violation in February 2016, and alleges that CIG ignored its concerns and began selling Squadron 42 as a standalone game shortly thereafter.

The decision to switch from CryEngine to Amazon’s Lumberyard itself is also an infringement on its agreement with CIG, according to Crytek. As per the agreement, Crytek claims that CIG agreed to exclusively use CryEngine for the development of Star Citizen. It must be noted, however, that Amazon’s Lumberyard is also based on CryEngine, licensed from Crytek.

Read more about it here
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:12 am

Big shitstorm here for this utterly mismanaged overpriced JPG selling swindle.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:33 pm

I'm still a backer. I have high hopes but don't follow it closely so I'll wait until it comes out (if ever)

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:38 pm

I'm still remaining vaguely hopeful, as the stuff they've shown has at least been quite impressive. Still, I've nothing invested in it, I'm happy to just wait and see if a game does eventually emerge.

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing