World of Warcraft thread II - Warlords incoming

The strategy of playing ones role.
Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Re: World of Warcraft thread II - Warlords incoming

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:47 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13686790283?page=1

Have to admit I agree with a LOT of the points the OP makes, one of the most thought-out non-whines I've read on there tbh.
Thoughts anyone?
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:51 am

An apology for it being 30 fucking quid would be a good start -_-

Also a post dated apology for each preceding expansion pack. 8)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Is it really that bad? I thought people were enjoying it?

The only thing I have experienced is the stat squash which I found very annoying as I went from being able to cast spells for days, to having to drink after killing two mobs again. It was like I was back at level 10.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:36 pm

I don't tend to bother with end-game stuff these days, but the leveling experience was definitely good (though I'd have said the first Horde zone was easily the best). I suppose it depends on what you want out of it; my partner and I both thought that Mists was a good expansion the first time through, but we never got very far into the raid content. If you listen to The Internet though, Mists was a terrible expansion.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Unsubbed and uninstalled, and that is me finished for good this time.

Thought the expansion was shite. Garrisons bored me, and I remembered that raiding etc bored me just as much as before. I used to enjoy toodling about on Timeless, but with nothing similar the game just reminded me of all the aspects I always hated and so here I am, finished.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:35 pm

One of the designers on WoW has been posting some pre-release screenshots up on Twitter.

You can find more at the link below along with bits of info like the fact Molten Core was nearly cut from the final game until Kaplan and two others saved it by building it in a week.

https://storify.com/pikestaff/world-of- ... evelopment

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Flying in Draenor IS coming....but you have to work for it -

Blizzard wrote:In an upcoming Public Test Realm build, we will be introducing a new meta-achievement called Draenor Pathfinder. You’ll earn this achievement in Patch 6.2 by mastering the outdoor environment of Draenor—exploring Draenor’s zones, collecting 100 treasures in Draenor, completing the Draenor Loremaster and Securing Draenor achievements, and raising the three new Tanaan Jungle reputations to Revered. Initially, this achievement will award a rylak mount: the Soaring Skyterror, one of the native beasts that roam Draenor’s skies. Players will remain ground-bound on Draenor until a small follow-up patch (6.2.x), when all players who have earned Draenor Pathfinder on at least one character will unlock the ability to fly in Draenor on all their level 90+ characters.

We believe this strikes the right balance between ensuring ground-based content lives up to its full potential, while providing players who’ve already fully experienced Draenor’s outdoor world extra freedom to “break the rules.” This also provides a general blueprint going forward for content to come. Players will explore new and undiscovered lands from the ground, and then once they’ve fully mastered those environments—a notion that continues to evolve with each new expansion—they can take to the skies and experience the world from a new vantage point.

Thank you for your heartfelt feedback. We’ll see you in (and soon, above) Tanaan Jungle.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:38 pm

Blizzard wrote:New World of Warcraft Expansion Revealed on August 6th

Join us Thursday, August 6 at 9 a.m. PDT for a special World of Warcraft event streamed live from gamescom 2015 in Cologne, Germany—where we’ll be unveiling the next chapter of the World of Warcraft saga. . . .

Tune in again Sunday, August 9 at 8:00 a.m. PDT for a World of Warcraft developer chat before the show ends, and find out more about what’s in store.

Stay tuned to our dedicated gamescom page for further details on the live stream. Those who are able to join us in person at gamescom can visit us at the Blizzard booth in hall 7.1. We hope to see you there!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 am

So it finally happened, WoW subscriber numbers have dipped to their lowest level since the game first came out. Blizzard announced that the number has fallen to 5.6m with 1.5m dropped in Q2. This might explain why the next content pack is due to be announced this week, so soon after the last one. I wonder what the magic number is that they have to fall to before the free-to-play switch is thrown. Surely it is only a matter of time now.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:23 am

That's still generating almost £49m in revenue a month.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:40 am

Yes, but it is a downward trend and it will keep falling which is why I say it is only a matter of time. Plus you don't necessarily lose those 5.4m subscribers if you go free to play. Lesser games are turning a nice profit from ftp and just think there are now 5m+ lapsed WoW players, a large portion of who would be tempted to come back if the game was ftp, I know I would.

I think they are near the point where they would make more money via free to play than they would from subscriptions. Plus if they have finally managed to get to a point where the can get expansions out ever year or two they would also have that revenue coming in as well.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 am

Been playing for free since the WoW Token came out.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 am

How much gold does it cost on average for a token?

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:32 am

It goes with what is being sold on the Auction house but I think the ball park figure for it is around 30,000 to 40,000 gold.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:22 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:How much gold does it cost on average for a token?

47k on European realms atm, 26k on US servers, 80k on Chinese servers, 184k on Taiwanese and 175k on Korean.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing