Fallout 4 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 10th of November 2015!

The strategy of playing ones role.
Mojo

Re: Fallout 4 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 10th of November 2015!

Postby Mojo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:45 am

The way locations are assigned to repetitive (settlements, clear X group, etc) quests seems to be entirely random.

Settlers complaining about raiders/ghouls/supermutants located on the other side of the Commonwealth is total balls. It's just lazy game development.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:58 pm

*Apocalyptic time warping bump*

Level 12 and completed the Saugus Ironworks mission last night dressed as something much more akin to Wolfenstein then what you would expect from Fallout, or perhaps that's just me. I get what folk are saying now about it being much more of a shooter with rpg elements than an rpg with shooter elements but it's been perfectly serviceable in the 15 hours I've put in so far. Love Nick. Love Strong.

Spoiler: show
Took down Slag far easier than I know I should have been able to with a mixture of flame thrower and shooting while using a bit of metal as cover and it's just a shame every bit of power armour he had was too heavy for me to take so I'm guessing I've done it too early or something because my carrying level was not up to the task at all. I found the forged fairly easy outside as I sat on a hill sniping many of them and the remaining ones I lured to a nearby swimming pool which sparked the interest of a group who assisted me in taking them all down and inside I just kept my finger on the flame on button. Job done.

The game is slowly gelling with me although I will admit I'm pissed about a certain mission which involves fending off ghouls outside a police station only for me not being able to track down the last remaining bastards to activate the final section of the actual mission and instead just keeps shouting "Check your fire, we got hostiles!!". Looked in the train area, inside busses, all over. Nothing. Some have suggested one may be bugged out on top of the station itself but I'm buggered if I can figure out a way up there. For a game that is almost two years old the game seems to be riddled with bugs still including a particular nasty one that involved Nick Valentine walking next to me and bumping into a parked car which somehow made the car explode killing me instantly. Another time I was picking off an enemy with my sniper rifle way up on top of a water tower or something and when my last shot contacted them they span into the air and just kept on spinning there like a demented catherine wheel. It's hard not to be amused by it all though as such complete randomness in open world setting is likely to happen at some point.

Worth the £6 entry fee so far, bugs and all.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

I love Fallout 4. Keep going back to it. I completed the game with the institute story line, collected one of every power armour type, and all the custom paint jobs. Recently started again, and will pick a different path this time.

I loved Far Harbour and got some great new weapons with it. My son loves Nuka-World, but its not my thing.

Currently on a bobble-head hunt. Determined to get them all.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing