Fallout 4 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 10th of November 2015!

The strategy of playing ones role.
Wrathbone

Re: Fallout 4 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 10th of November 2015!

Postby Wrathbone » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:29 am

I spent ages yesterday trying to clear out Corvega factory for a settlement. At first I tried without power armour because I want to conserve fusion cores as much as possible, and I did manage to snipe everyone on the exterior from the nearby raised freeway which made me feel like a complete badass. 8) The interior kept proving too tricky to tackle all the way through, though, so I eventually resorted to using armour and it was much easier.

I can't stress how much better combat is in survival mode. It's fine in regular mode, but when there is a genuine threat to something valuable - i.e. your time - it is so much more intense. Raider taunts finally seem credible when they suggest you're scared.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch

A comprehensive bugfixing mod for Fallout 4. The goal of the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (aka UFO4P) is to eventually fix every bug with Fallout 4 not officially resolved by the developers to the limits of the Creation Kit and community-developed tools, in one easy-to-install package.

Features:
- Hundreds of gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement bugs fixed.
- Created by the authors of the Unofficial Oblivion and Skyrim Patch series.
- No unsafe changes (such as deletions of stock objects).
- Designed to be compatible with as many other mods as possible.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598/?
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Mod tools!

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

Have to sign up to use them with a Bethesda Account, or some nonsense. Also, their own mod portal looks like a bit of a dogs dinner, but there you go. They've gone and tried to cut Steam Workshop out of the picture.

I know everyone will roll their eyes, but I've got to at least try and see if I can cobble together a furry mod for the game like I did for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. :P

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:02 pm

This and some changed wording on the Skyrim Workshop point to one thing: Paid Mods are coming back.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed May 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Due May 19th apparently.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Mon May 23, 2016 8:09 am

Interesting looking mod -

Fallout Cascadia Information: Cascadia is an upcoming new world-space mod for Fallout 4 set in a retro-futuristic post-apocalyptic version of Seattle and the surrounding areas. Users will start a new adventure entirely separate from the main game. The scale of this project is a land area that is just a bit smaller than Fallout 3, but more quests and locations than Fallout 4’s Far Harbor DLC. We currently have approximately 18 members working on this project to the bring the Pacific Northwest to the world of Fallout. Work on this mod began six months ago, and has intensified with the release of the Creation Kit. Inside the mod, players will find new quests that challenge them mentally and morally, locations that tell a story, and factions that are vying for control. Please consider followinng us on any and all our outlets, as we have much more to share as the project matures, and the release date begins to comes closer.

http://falloutcascadia.tumblr.com/About

Mojo

Postby Mojo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:36 am

Only just started playing through this. Really enjoying it except for the settlement system. Why am I the only person in entire Commonwealth capable of building anything? Makes no sense. Build your own bloody beds.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Mojo wrote: Why am I the only person in entire Commonwealth capable of building anything? Makes no sense. Build your own bloody beds.

Oh yes, the only one. :lol:
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Mojo

Postby Mojo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:01 pm

And another thing, why do cleared places just reset after a certain amount of time? So annoying. I swear I've taken out Monsignor Plaza and the Corvega Plant about 5 times now. Did that happen in Fallout 3/NV? I can't remember.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm sure there'll be a mod to fix that :)

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:24 pm

It should have been randomised with the re-spawns to make it seem like another group/race has moved in to claim it or even getting there mid fight between two groups trying to claim it.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Mojo

Postby Mojo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:05 am

Yeah, that would've have been better rather than just resetting to exactly the same enemies, turrets, etc.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:47 am

Mojo wrote:And another thing, why do cleared places just reset after a certain amount of time? So annoying. I swear I've taken out Monsignor Plaza and the Corvega Plant about 5 times now. Did that happen in Fallout 3/NV? I can't remember.

The Corvega Plant gets on my tits now. The first couple of times, yeh, its fun. but now, hell no.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Doesn't a place only remain cleared if it is quest specific and you have done the quest, only repopulating if you have to do another quest there?
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:11 pm

If you clear a location then take a quest that sends you to that location it gets repopulated immediately, so I think there is some link between quests and repopulating areas.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing