Fallout 4 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 10th of November 2015!

The strategy of playing ones role.
katarn

Re: Fallout 4 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 10th of November 2015!

Postby katarn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Wrathbone wrote:I think it’s because I only play survival mode if I’m actively seeking a brutal, unforgiving challenge, and without the risk of losing the last 20-30 mins it doesn’t work.

Yeah, I think interpret survival mode in a different way - suffering from hunger, thirst, enemies being extremely deadly, no magical fast travel, etc, I think it works great. It's an entirely unique experience to the vanilla game already.

I guess for me it's more of a thematic thing, as opposed to the game's save mechanic being nerfed, which I find a tad arbitrary personally.

katarn

Postby katarn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Jez wrote:Have you tried the sleeping bag thing Kat? I'm really just intrigued if it works sorry :)

Jez, I'll look into the sleeping bag. Not ideal, since you're gaining an hours worth of thirst/hunger (plus you can get diseases from sleeping bags).

I'll probably end up just getting a save mod tbh; potentially losing chunks of playing time doesn't really work for me these days.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:04 pm

Okay, so despite my short time left in LA and imminent move back to Northern California, I've found time to spend in Fallout 4. What's given me ever more reason to show up? This mod:
https://simsettlements.com/web/wiki/ind ... =Main_Page

The newest incarnation let's the Lone Survivor set a local leader for each settlement, and walk away. The settlers build the whole damn place themselves. A player can micromanage the holy bejesus out of everyone, or do like me and go off shooting things then come back home to see the new city rising.

This makes one of my very favorite games of all time move up that short list a few slots. I'll be playing FO4 for years now, thanks to this amazing mod.

Now I have time to move all my personal crap to my house in Diamond City, dress it up like crazy, and build what I want there. Totally bachelor pad looking place, too, I might add, and getting better every day. And when I go back to any of the settlements with leaders (three so far with this new play-through), it looks just that much better than last time I visited. I'm looking forward to the settlers leveling their own city from zero to 1 - when the residences will start having some lighting inside, for example. Cool to have vendors show up and build stuff, and one place has a doctor which is cool to visit. I feel like a part of a growing community instead of dicking around for hours trying to make walls and floors freakin click together.

My signature is like a time capsule from the Wild West of the internet :o

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 pm

I had a great time on my Survival playthrough, once I'd got the save mod installed. I built up Hangman's Alley as my main base of operations and got the supply routes feeding into it. Barely even touched the main story, there's so much other stuff to do.

I did really enjoy the normal game mode, but it really comes alive in Survival when you're meticulously planning each sortie.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed May 30, 2018 8:57 am

https://kotaku.com/over-140-000-people- ... 1826397799

Now if it were 1 and 2 on switch and ipad..... though its just going to be 4 on switch isnt it? :( I wonder if they'll fix the 10fps section near the end.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am

There were rumours about a remaster of 3 doing the rounds a while back so it could be that.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 am

1 and 2 on ipad would be an instabuy for me. A new game would also be good. I'm not especially bothered for any remasters, though.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed May 30, 2018 9:58 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:There were rumours about a remaster of 3 doing the rounds a while back so it could be that.

Well that would me a massive wet fart :(
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed May 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Solitaire wrote:Okay, so despite my short time left in LA and imminent move back to Northern California, I've found time to spend in Fallout 4. What's given me ever more reason to show up? This mod:
https://simsettlements.com/web/wiki/ind ... =Main_Page

The newest incarnation let's the Lone Survivor set a local leader for each settlement, and walk away. The settlers build the whole damn place themselves. A player can micromanage the holy bejesus out of everyone, or do like me and go off shooting things then come back home to see the new city rising.

This makes one of my very favorite games of all time move up that short list a few slots. I'll be playing FO4 for years now, thanks to this amazing mod.

Now I have time to move all my personal crap to my house in Diamond City, dress it up like crazy, and build what I want there. Totally bachelor pad looking place, too, I might add, and getting better every day. And when I go back to any of the settlements with leaders (three so far with this new play-through), it looks just that much better than last time I visited. I'm looking forward to the settlers leveling their own city from zero to 1 - when the residences will start having some lighting inside, for example. Cool to have vendors show up and build stuff, and one place has a doctor which is cool to visit. I feel like a part of a growing community instead of dicking around for hours trying to make walls and floors freakin click together.

I like the sound of that mod.
Just once I want radiation to turn something into a giant fluffy bunny, instead of the Grand Poobah of all Mirelurks.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed May 30, 2018 12:24 pm

eVoL wrote:
DjchunKfunK wrote:There were rumours about a remaster of 3 doing the rounds a while back so it could be that.

Well that would me a massive wet fart :(

You're too hard on yourself, man.
My face is tired.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Thu May 31, 2018 2:12 am

gpa: yeah, it's really something. Here now, a few dozen in-game days later, and some of the settlements rival the dev settlements. I've got five or six at least, I forget how many - each settlement needs an npc leader in order to 'lead' the city, so to speak. And I've set up supply lines for them all. So, in a nutshell: build the Sim Settlements desk; click on it; assign npc leader; wait a bit for the widgets to do their magic (it cleans up everything automatically, then starts building the basic layout as you watch, including putting in a settler beacon); wait a bit more for an untasked settler to become supply route. That's it. My Sanctuary settlement looks freakin' amazing now, and it's not done yet. I did have to boost the object number for each settlement, whatever it's called, with another mod, otherwise this is, to me, how the game should have shipped. One can visit each plot in the settlement and switch it out to something else (industry for food, e.g.), take over control of the city and build one's own, and tons of other choices. Like I said, I'm letting these folk build the damned places while I go out and conquer. They still need me to drop back and defend on occasion, but the higher level cities are like junkyard fortresses. Highly, highly recommended!

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu May 31, 2018 6:05 am

You hit the nail on the head inadvertently there Soli with all of Bethesda games like Skyrim fallout etc.

"How the game should have shipped".

True in so many ways. Especially in some areas.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:29 am

Here's the farm settlement on the west side (Sunshine Tidings Co-op) :
Spoiler: show

I didn't place a thing, except for an extra sentry gun or two, otherwise it's all built by the settlers. There's more behind and to my left, as well.

Here's Level 0 (settlement will get up to level 3) of the wastewater treatment settlement on the east side:
Spoiler: show

Also note the snazzy mod that makes the humongous PipBoy into a hologram, which I much prefer :)

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:31 am

Here I am, Fallout 4 fan-boy two years too late, posting my recent custom build, in progress.

I decided to put elevators at Graygarden so I could get to the top of the highway, and build a Power Armor workshop/display house. So far, it's going even better than I had anticipated:

https://imgur.com/a/ct9e0pi

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:22 am

:lol:

Daytime pics might have been a thing matey :D looks good from what I can see though. Is there anything on that highway?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing