CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

The strategy of playing ones role.
Zael

Re: CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Postby Zael » Wed May 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Jez wrote:So then very interesting indeed. however Will it be like that utterly rubbish spy rpg from a few years ago that promised much but delivered a massive pile of steaming cat shit.

Do you mean Alpha Protocol? Because that's probably in my top 10 favourite games.
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Top 10 is a bit strong imo, but I'm another big AP. Played it through about four times to see all the different options and try out different builds.

Think it gets a bad rap.
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 pm

For those that missed the live stream...

As some are already stating it both sounds like Deus Ex HR meets The Witcher 2. Deus Ex HR has a very odd rep amongst gamers though. I personally thought it was fantastic and matched the coveted original almost step for step while others practically now ignore the fact it ever existed. The Witcher 2 needs no more praise than it already gets.

This game however should be everything HR was and oh so much more besides.
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed May 30, 2012 9:15 pm

katarn is intrigued. katarn looks forward to hearing more from this game in the future.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

AP was a steaming turd pile really it was....BUT Im delighted that someone got something from it though and i mean that, as i was i utterly destroyed by it having followed its development for ages before.

This being put in a similar basket to the DX series seems wrong though, i dont think thats what they are pitching towards really and i hope that isnt what they do as unless they do a spectaular job on it it'll forever be slagged off as a DX:HR clone that failed and lets face it that game though great to many was a disappointment to quite a few also.

This really needs to stand out on its own much like Witcher series has amongst the glut of RPG's out there. It needs to be technically good and innovative with a rich story universe. The witcher series does all that so i have lots of faith that they can put something really great out there given time.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu May 31, 2012 8:26 am

I am with Jez, I bought AP for, I think, just under £2 in a Steam sale, and it is one of the most turgid pieces of faecal code ever committed to my hard drive. I felt overcharged.

Some nice ideas lost in a morass of poor implementation.

Ballhang.

Still got Witcher 2 to play, another sale bargain, still haven't even started it :oops:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu May 31, 2012 9:39 am

Wish i paid 2quid i paid full price shoulda waited for reviews. your so sensible snowy i wish i was you Haha

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu May 31, 2012 11:05 am

Prey wrote:Deus Ex HR has a very odd rep amongst gamers though. I personally thought it was fantastic and matched the coveted original almost step for step while others practically now ignore the fact it ever existed.

And another off-topic for me! DX:HR was an odd one. The original I think was groundbreaking, the sequel wasn't, that that I think is where my ambivalence to it comes from. With DX, I was hooked because here was a first person title that gradually unfolded a compelling story, and have you the decision on how you played it. It was brilliant. Yeah, clunky in places, but brilliant.

Now, I always struggle with games which have obvious mechanics - Batman AA for example, or the ME games. I walk into a room with gargoyles or waist high walls and I know what is expected of me instantly - it removes the suspension of disbelief. Now, I reckon this is maybe an age thing, I am a 40+ gamer, and I have been playing video games since video games were invented, so have quite a jaded outlook and am a cynical bastard to boot.

DX:HR was too obvious. The story wasn't brilliant, the levels felt like levels (which I never really felt in DX), and it was all too...tailored. Want to stealth it? Every area is set up so you *know* that you will find a vent, or a way to sneak through. The hacking was way overused and not interesting enough - too hard to begin with, too easy later on, it never reached that Paradroid level of enjoyment that a minigame like that should. Oh, and boss battles...

Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was it a worthy successor? Yeeeees kinda, but needed a better story. Will I replay it? Maybe, but doubtful.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 31, 2012 11:21 am

Some harsh words about AP here, there are certainly games that are a lot more poorly made and designed than AP. If nothing else it deserves respect for introducing the best conversation system in RPGs.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Zael

Postby Zael » Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 am

Àlpha Protocol has by far the best conversation system created in a game. The amount of options you can choose that will affect the game is staggering. Very few games have that amount of replayability. The writing is also top-notch. Yeah the combat isn't great, but a game can still be great outside the shooty bang bang (Planescape:Torment).
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:24 pm

http://cyberpunk.net/

Cyberpunk 2077 peeps!

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 am

The picture of the girl on the wallpapers is like something out of Cyber City Oedo 808 :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

NG

Postby NG » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Completely forgot about this, but I'm now excited for some sci-fi rpg action since Prey 2 is in limbo.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 pm

This is just going to be FULL of references to a certain film I haven't seen.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 pm

NG wrote:Completely forgot about this, but I'm now excited for some sci-fi rpg action since Prey 2 is in limbo.
Don't get too wound up. I'm hearing 2015 and 2016 getting thrown about for release dates.
After DNF, the phrase "When it's done" fills me with dread. :(
End of an Era

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing