CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

The strategy of playing ones role.
topfear

Re: CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Postby topfear » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm

It's hard to get too enthused about something that may or may not get released in two or three years :P

Did she really have to be in her knickers? I'm complaining as such, just wondering :D
^ not my words, the words of Top Gear magazine

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Well she is a psycho cyborg so dressing isn't on your mind :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

NG

Postby NG » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:41 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/17/cyber ... city-stre/

Co-creator has a quick chat about 2077.

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 pm

If anyone is interested in the music used in the video linked above check here -
https://soundcloud.com/dlkc/cyberpunk-2 ... -pondsmith

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:29 pm

Was going to make a new thread, but see that we already had one so... massive bump!

Rumours abound that this may be penned for a release in about 12 months' time.

Today in vague, unsubstantiated rumour: Cyberpunk 2077 might be arriving before the end of 2016. This rather large 'might' comes courtesy of Gamereactor Germany, which cites a source close to CD Projekt RED.

I'd be surprised to see it so soon given CD Projekt's reticence to so much as mutter about Cyberpunk until The Witcher 3 is put to bed. Blood and Wine, the second expansion, won't appear until early next year, although large numbers of staff have begun switching projects. Still, perhaps they've learned that too much hype time can be more hassle than it's worth—Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2012, you'll remember. I wouldn't blame them for wanting to pull a Bethesda and keep their progress hidden ahead of a big reveal.

I'll let you know should there be confirmation one way or the other, but CD Projekt have never been afraid to leave us guessing.

http://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-p ... -out-2016/

Let's be honest, it would be a miracle if that, already loose and unofficial date, didn't slip, but at least it's on the horizon now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one excited for this after the triumph that was Witcher 3. Let's hope we get some more details in the weeks an months to come :)
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:19 pm

Oh my gawd I think I might shit the bed!!!!!!!!!

Love these guys even if it's half true hopefully we'll see some details soon on it.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:20 pm

Ohhhh that would be a great thing to look forward too if true!

I was expecting it to be maybe 3-4 years release after Witcher 3 and the addons.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:04 pm

It's got to be incorrect on the face of it but I suppose they might release about then to capitalise on the momentum made by the success of witcher 3. They are very much the top studio in their field at the moment so who knows.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:52 am

Seems like the wheels are starting to turn on Cyberpunk. Big talk and big promises being made.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyb.../1100-6435525/

Speaking today during The Witcher developer CD Projekt Red's latest earnings briefing, management discussed upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077 and did not hold back in their enthusiasm for it. According to DualShockers, studio head Adam Badowski said The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt raised the bar, meaning Cyberpunk 2077 needs to be "even better, even bigger, even more revolutionary" than what the company originally set out to do.

Badowski said the game is still "a long ways away" from launch, and further stressed that CD Projekt Red still has "a lot of work to do" to make it a "truly outstanding game."

The executive went on to say that Cyberpunk 2077 is a "huge game" that has a magnitude "much greater" than The Witcher series. Overall, CD Projekt Red has "amazingly large ambitions" for this game.

At the time, Kicinski went on to say that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was a big success with 6 million copies sold against an $81 million budget. The game was a "good investment," according to CD Projekt Red management, but at the same time, The Witcher 3 was not a worldwide chart-topper for the full year.

"Sure, many people consider The Witcher 3 to be the best game in the world [in 2015], but this is not a game that broke any sales record," he explained.

My guess? Winter 2018 at the earliest, by the sounds of things.

Also, not to just repost things I see on NeoGAF, but this was one of the rare times when I've been creased by a reaction gif.
shinobi602 wrote:
Cyberpunk 2077 needs to be "even better, even bigger, even more revolutionary" than what the company originally set out to do.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:08 am

The thing with these guys is they promise a lot and hype a lot. THEN in a rather unusual move for the industy in general..actually live up to it and even surpass it.

Witcher 3 was a great game if they manage to produce something of similar quality with cp2077 I'll be more than happy.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:00 am

Jez wrote:The thing with these guys is they promise a lot and hype a lot. THEN in a rather unusual move for the industy in general..actually live up to it and even surpass it.

Witcher 3 was a great game if they manage to produce something of similar quality with cp2077 I'll be more than happy.
That's what I'm really looking forward to. I respect The Witcher series greatly, but don't enjoy the trappings. To have that kind of talent working within a setting that is really interesting to me? Well... you saw the gif that was posted.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Not much on the release date but the team working on Cyberpunk 2077 is even bigger than The Witchers 3.

Fans eagerly awaiting CD Projekt RED’s next large-scale RPG, Cyberpunk 2077, will be happy to hear (via NeoGAF) that the game is currently in full development.

The question regarding the sci-fi RPG was brought up during their latest shareholder meeting, where the company was asked if the remaining employees not working on Gwent were working on Cyberpunk 2077.

CD Projekt RED confirmed that not only are the remaining employees working on the game, but they have more employees working on Cyberpunk 2077 than they did on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in its most intensive development month.

When asked about the game’s release date, they teased that “they like to surprise, so they won’t reveal it.”

http://nichegamer.com/2016/09/06/cyberp ... witcher-3/
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Bet it's 2077.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:53 pm

This is the same Gamereactor who said Squadron 42 was delayed until next year when Chris Roberts didn't actually say that in the interview. So I'd take this with a large pinch of salt.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing