CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

The strategy of playing ones role.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:10 am

The quote mentions PvP as well as co-op, so there's more to it than that, I think.
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:05 pm

I doubt they will do some half ass shit like mp mode. They'd get the shit took out of them if so.

I really don't mind co-op like it is in Divinity Original Sin. It's rather refreshing to play with friends as you're all doing your own things combat and dialogue wise. Makes some fun moments too :)

But if it's like the shitty mp from ME3 then... ugh.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:24 pm

The ME3 MP was one of the best things about it...
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Not fussed about any kind of multiplayer. There's a clear line between story games and games with friends in my eyes. If the game has an absorbing world with good writing that I want to take my time with, then I just can't be doing with co-op. It just doesn't work in most RPGs, unless they're Diablo-style whackathons.

A totally stand-alone survival mode or something wouldn't be as much of an issue. Providing they don't make progress in it tied to getting the best ending in the main story like they did with that dodgy as hell galactic readiness mechanic in ME3.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Mantis wrote:Not fussed about any kind of multiplayer. There's a clear line between story games and games with friends in my eyes. If the game has an absorbing world with good writing that I want to take my time with, then I just can't be doing with co-op. It just doesn't work in most RPGs, unless they're Diablo-style whackathons.

A totally stand-alone survival mode or something wouldn't be as much of an issue. Providing they don't make progress in it tied to getting the best ending in the main story like they did with that dodgy as hell galactic readiness mechanic in ME3.

Agreed here Mantis. I'm fairly certain CDP won't pull back on the quality of the SP game just to bastardise in some tacked on MP that feeds into the SP in some awkward way. They know their market is in quality SP games. I am curious what they'll do with MP though. I remember when I first read they were going down an open world line with witcher 3 and I was gutted thinking it would be that generic bullshit open world thing and it turned out to be brilliantly done. Hope to see them do similar with this perhaps.

If any studio can do it these guys can.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 pm

MP would still require playing with friends to be good. Not even CDPR can make a game enjoyable while filling it with the cretins that inhabit public servers.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Some shithead tried to blackmail CDPR after getting hold of some old game files and artworks, threatening to release them online if they didn't pay up. They didn't.

Statement from the devs:

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status ... 9795899394
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Bit of a complete long shot but with E3 coming next week maybe it's CDP playing a little game to start some hype.

Long shot I know.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't really see them playing that sort of game to be honest.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Neither do I. Just throwing it out there :)

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing