Shadowrun kickstarted?

The strategy of playing ones role.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Shadowrun kickstarted?

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Ah, well, I never played the original/s :)
My face is tired.

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Nothing to do with the 16-bit era games. Think those are earlier, someone who pops up late in Dead Man's Switch is apparently a major reference to either the SNES or Mega Drive one. Shadowrun's a long-running pen and paper game.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Never played those either!

Seriously, I had no idea what Shadowrun was before playing DMS a few months back...
My face is tired.

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:00 pm

News!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/27/shadowrun-dragonfall-directors-cut/

Dragonfall - the far better of the two campaigns - is about to get a Director's Cut re-release. To those who own it already, it's free, so that's nice. It's apparently getting a new interface (never had any problems there, but okay), new endings (interesting) and five new jobs to take on (aaaaaand I'm replaying), some of which are about following up your companion's backstories (I already said I'm replaying it, what more do you want?)

If you don't own it, it will cost. But here's the thing - it's standalone. There's no longer any need to pay for the base game and its altogether less interesting campaign which is more or less obsolete with the existence of Dragonfall anyway. Your excuse for not owning Dragonfall is going away in about a month. Unless the pricing is unreasonable, in which case go ahead and keep on not owning it. Even though it's ace.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Oh, eck. I will replay the shit out of it going off that. Absolutely adored Dragonfall.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:01 pm

The Kickstarter for the next campaign got funded in 2 hours.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01 ... hong-kong/
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:25 am

Hong Kong out as of yesterday.

I'm going to hold off for a sale though I think.
My face is tired.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:43 am

Good start so far. Know absolutely nothing about the how's and why's of what's going on but it's got its hooks in! Wanting to get home to play on!
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:02 pm

I thought I'd try and get into some games again. Shadowrun has always interested me - shall I dive straight in with the Dragonfall director's cut? It's only a tenner on t'steam.

I've seen a few sources mention it's the best place to start.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Don't think you'd miss anything by doing that, plus Dragonfall is awesome and far better than the original campaign.
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Definitely, it's a separate story from the main campaign and much more enjoyable.

Anyone tried the new Hong Kong campaign yet? I'll be playing it eventually but I've got a backlog of other games to get through first.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Cheers you two, I'll pick it up tomorrow. I might get the Hong Kong one at xmas or something if I like Dragonfall.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:19 am

Not to be the guy who goes full Jim Bowen on you and tells you what you could've won, but Dragonfall was £2.99 on Humble 20 minutes ago

It's not any more though so I'v essentially wasted everyone's time. Sorry. :oops:

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:54 pm

katarn wrote:shall I dive straight in with the Dragonfall director's cut? It's only a tenner on t'steam.

I realise your mind's made up, but this is a good idea. Hong Kong does a few things better and I'd suggest it, but if Dragonfall is cheaper then start there. I think all you miss are a few references and one returning NPC who I think was re-used just to add to his mystery.

Wrathbone wrote:Anyone tried the new Hong Kong campaign yet? I'll be playing it eventually but I've got a backlog of other games to get through first.

I've been all the way through. I think the best description is Dragonfall's cousin who takes life less seriously. And has a few small improvements thrown into various bits.
Huh? -Monses

katarn

Postby katarn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:28 am

I've only played a bit of the opening mission last night to see how it looks. I love the hi-res font option - it blows the GUI and text up to fill the whole screen.

I wish more games had that option! Get a bit fed up squinting at tiny text at native resolution on some games.

I'll get into the game proper today.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing