Could it be? The Splat is back?

The strategy of playing ones role.
Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:16 am

Original Carmageddon developer Stainless Games has reacquired the smash and crash racing IP.

A new downloadable game named Carmageddon: Reincarnation is in development with a tentative 2012 release date.

Stainless Games is after "a partner to move the project on to full production".

"Carmageddon has returned to its indie developer roots, and the time is right to bring the game to a new audience," commented Stainless co-founder Patrick Buckland.

"Originally an ambitious title that tested the hardware limits of its day, we're excited that the game will finally get the showcase it deserves on today's platforms."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... e-revealed

Vykromod

Re: Could it be? The Splat is back?

Postby Vykromod » Wed May 09, 2012 12:58 pm

I'd say bump, but in this context it would be the meaty thud of a pedestrian on the bonnet.

Stainless has decided that this project, which they're committed to doing anyway, would be improved if it could be funded upfront. Inevitable Kickstarter link. In this case, I can kind of get behind the idea of trying to prevent publisher oversight since the whole series has caused enough "ban this sick filth" that I can see sensible investors trying to tone it down, but at the same time they're openly admitting that they'll make the game anyway.

Anyway, asking for $400,000, has a bit over $100,000 at this point after being open for less than a day. Pretty much guaranteed to work.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Zael

Postby Zael » Wed May 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Some guy donated $10k. He's being flown over to England and will get his likeness put onto a character in the game. Mad stuff.
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed May 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Reeeaally want to donate. the $25 one sounds good.. pre-release betas and all that.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re:

Postby Snowy » Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 am

HSWDragon wrote:
Jim wrote:
Edwin wrote:Its going to look a bit silly after the GTA games tbh.

Not sure I get your point mate, carmageddon is meant to be silly and GTA is more serious.

Anyway, this is awesome news, finally I can bounce around in my rubber car getting 'fuck punt bonus's' for driving in to elephants at a circus while being chased by the biggest dump truck you ever saw... ALL IN HD.

<3

Lies! GTA used to be fun, before 4 came out and destroyed my life.

Heathen, 4 is the crowning episode in the series, and a long term love of mine.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:21 am

I only came across this by accident but the Carmageddon Reincarnation is actually up on steam in the early access side. Found a couple of videos of it and it does look and sound exactly how I would want a updated version :)

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:49 am

It's still got a ways to go, but it's still the carma of old.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing