Guild Wars 2

The strategy of playing ones role.
elgaucho

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby elgaucho » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:13 pm

If anyone is still sitting on the fence for this one then you should know that one of the rare free trials is coming up for the one year anniversary!!

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial?c ... lobal:40:4:

Give it a go! It's definitely worth the price of admission as a minimum - and IF you find something you like then that's even better!! :D

Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 am

You have to love it when you get five laurels for your monthly target completion, spend it on dyes and the first one you open is Midnight Fire, worth over 6g

*smugface*
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Hey guys, what's this TCS thing, just noticed the message on the Guilds page. Is our guild dead?

Can I get into the new one?
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Is the PW guild still active? I'm going to try and get back into this game when I build my new rig and I wouldn't mind at least doing a couple of the dungeons with a laid back crowd who won't mind that I'm utterly clueless and new to everything.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Good luck with that :lol:

But seriously, I'm always up for a cheerful dungeon run.
My face is tired.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 pm

What server are people on? I'm giving the weekend trial a go
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:34 am

Gunnar's Hold server! Come along and join the fun!

I'm usually on vita ex mortis so add me to your list and I'll come along for a bit!

Sly - give me a shout and ill wing you an invite! TCShas been good and friendly - good for group content too! :)
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:20 am

Got the invite (or else spotted one on the guild page that I had somehow missed earlier), so thanks for that.
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Built my new rig (mostly) and this game runs smooth as butter on high settings now.

Hopping back onto a level 45 character after almost a year of not playing was not a good idea though. My inventory is full of items that I have no idea how to use and I can't remember anything about the game mechanics. >_<

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm

Yeah, took me a bit of time to warm up again after a 7-8 month hiatus.

Got sucked right back into it, though. Have played nothing else for the past month, now.

Being a total altaholic has paid off, though, I can choose between lvl 80 characters as necro, ele, guardian, warrior, ranger and will level a mesmer if I get the anniversary scroll that lets you skip the first 20 levels next week.

Only classes I don't have current alts for are engie and thief, both of which I tried and levelled to about 50 but wasn't really enjoying all that much.

So, basically, I can hop into whatever class I'm in the mood to play at that time. Been mostly necro for the past ten days or so, reckon I might dust off my ranger character next as they're apparently pretty strong at the moment.
My face is tired.

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:42 am

I am absolutely adoring my necro at the moment - they're just so damn versatile.

See damage incoming - Death Shroud.
Escaping enemy in WvW - Torment, DS 2 skill to close the distance, cripple and nuke.
Single Target - Blood is Power, Weakness wells and focus 4, axe 2, DS1 spam for the extra might (on trait)
AOE - wells, Dagger 5, Scepter 2, DS 4 & 5
Defensive needs for the team - plague form, spam that 2 skill
About to fall to a sticky death? Death Shroud or spectral walk and save that death

Very few situations get the better of him tbh - and I love the choices you can have at any time! Try Spvp if you haven't already - good fun in there too! :D

Noticed you've been on the guild events too Sly - and the return of the sadistically tough SAB is very welcome - although I do wish the zones weren't so long before you can take a break....

Mantis - let us know when you're about - happy to explain stuff if that helps too! GW is infamous for having bazillions of item types that just lose you completely - they're as bad as they were in GW1 about that stuff!
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Tried ranger for a bit, going back to necro I think.

Just like the sheer survivability of the class. Because most of my attacks also heal me, my character is just incredibly hard to put down. Racked up around 130 WvW kills in less than two hours the other day, think I only died once or twice when our zerg got out-zerged.
My face is tired.

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Sly Boots wrote:the anniversary scroll that lets you skip the first 20 levels next week.

I've got one of them that I'm not intending to use on account of having tried every profession already. If they're not account-bound I'd be willing to give it away.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Vykromod wrote:
Sly Boots wrote:the anniversary scroll that lets you skip the first 20 levels next week.

I've got one of them that I'm not intending to use on account of having tried every profession already. If they're not account-bound I'd be willing to give it away.

I suspect it probably is, but I'm due to get mine on Friday so I should know then!
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 pm

So, the Gunnar's Hold server is really dead.

I hope they bring back the hero system in a future expansion.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing