Guild Wars 2

The strategy of playing ones role.
Vykromod

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Vykromod » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Found the scroll. I can use or destroy it and that's it.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am

Mantis wrote:So, the Gunnar's Hold server is really dead.

I hope they bring back the hero system in a future expansion.

Can you clarify your experience? Gunnar's isn't the fullest server out there, but it's very far from dead - have you been in LA lately and since the culling patch? There's people filling every space to the brim - literally hundreds outside the bank.

What you'll find is that behaviours are focused around certain areas - the latest theme is champion farming - popular zones include Orr and Frostgorge - then you have the dungeoneers and, this week, possibly the SAB activities mean lots of people are soloing content - can't really quantify that last one, but my friends list is full of people doing that.

WvW always has active groups and a strong overnight team.

I'm not saying you didn't experience it being quiet wherever you were - just keen to understand your experience! :)

People follow the living story events - wait till next week and expect any area where the Tequatl events are on to be heaving with activity.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/september-17-2013/

The Dragon Tequatl – Redefined!
Something’s gotten into Tequatl the Sunless. This ancient dragon, scourge of the Splintered Coast, has become more formidable than ever, with an arsenal of new attacks and lethal tricks at its disposal. To stop this rampaging beast, you’ll join forces with old friends and new allies in a desperate battle where failure is a very real option. Tequatl has risen – and it will take an army of players to bring it down!

Developer Livestream – 20th September
Dive deeper into the Tequatl Rising release with ArenaNet devs during the livestream on our Twitch channel on Friday, 20th September at 12PM PDT

Features
“Looking For Group” Tool
We’ve added a new system to help players find others to join in on their adventures. Using our new looking for group system, you’ll be able to select the type of content you’d like to do and add in a custom description about the group you’re trying to form. Use the system alone or with friends to easily fill out your party!

New Ruins of Power in World vs. World
Big changes are coming to the eternal war in The Mists! Each borderland map in WvW has been redesigned to include five new Ruins of Power—capture points that armies can battle over in order to earn lethal Bloodlust boosts for everyone on their server!

Bosses – Updated!
We’ve adjusted all of our bosses to make them more challenging and fun! From the Megadestroyer to Golem Mark II to the Fire Elemental, bosses in Tyria are more dangerous than ever!

New WvW Ability: Flame Ram Mastery
Prepare to knock some gates down and set stuff on fire! Become tougher and more effective in those heated siege situations by earning ranks in the new Flame Ram Mastery ability!

Rewards
Wings of the Sunless
Earn this ominous new animated back item by waging war against Tequatl the Sunless!
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Is it bad that I'm going on holiday on Friday, and all I can think about is missing out on my dailies and the first few days of the dragon update?
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Just realised that I have this installed on a drive not in my current PC. :( Time to get downloading.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Sly Boots wrote:Is it bad that I'm going on holiday on Friday, and all I can think about is missing out on my dailies and the first few days of the dragon update?

Wish I could say I didn't do that.... :?

I'm 30 points from my 10k chest with 400 gems plus 30 gold - must. get. points!

Still have loads to do on SAB too!
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:18 pm

elgaucho wrote:Can you clarify your experience? Gunnar's isn't the fullest server out there, but it's very far from dead - have you been in LA lately and since the culling patch? There's people filling every space to the brim - literally hundreds outside the bank.

What you'll find is that behaviours are focused around certain areas - the latest theme is champion farming - popular zones include Orr and Frostgorge - then you have the dungeoneers and, this week, possibly the SAB activities mean lots of people are soloing content - can't really quantify that last one, but my friends list is full of people doing that.

Naturally I've barely touched any of that content since I started playing again. I'm pretty much completely confined to the level 1-50 areas across multiple characters and I rarely bump into people to attempt dynamic events with in any of those areas, even the larger ones that don't trigger as often. I would have expected to at least bump into a few other people who are just playing for the first time or leveling new characters, but it's just been a ghost town so far.

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Been looking out for you all week Mantis bud, but not had any luck spotting you on!

Let's get you a char up to 80 so you can join in the fun! Let me know when's good and I'll help sort a dungeon run or two out! :wink:
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Not had a chance to get on this weekend since I went away for a few days.

My replacement Gfx card is due to arrive in the next day or two and I have the whole of next weekend off though, so I'll certainly be jumping on then.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Did anyone see any of the mental 60+ pitched battles between AG and Kodash on our borderlands tonight?

We were basically annihilated by both, looked like a couple of massive guilds just zerging across our map taking everything in a few seconds.

I was in Cliffside, I think, where about a dozen of us were holding the walls against a group of 30-40 from AG, when suddenly they were hit in the back by another massive group from Kodash, it was just carnage. Brilliant, hilarious carnage.

Then suddenly someone one our ramparts yelled out "suicide!" and we all jumped off into the scrum :lol:

It was at that point that our own group of 30+ reinforcements arrived from the other direction and waded in :lol: :lol:

Epic.

It was quite fun, actually, running around on the periphery of this huge battle between the other servers, chucking some aoe spells into the mix just for kicks.

We lost, I died (a few times), but that was what WvW should be all about, huge, ridiculous battles.
My face is tired.

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I was on for an hour or so - the place was devoid of commanders except for one on our own Borderland - and every time I went near there were buzzards in the form of AG zerg's circling or just decimating the group - it was savage!

Did some mild skirmishing and camp re-capping - it feels like we're getting trounced this week, but stats wise we are putting up a fight! I think we need more skirmishing militia's and a siege warfare unit - press the siege constantly and run interference on any and all camps / towers frequently.

What are people's thoughts on the new Tequatl fight? Is this the GW2 form of raiding? 100+ players and wipefests on a regular basis?

I like the challenge, but I'm still not convinced that there aren't too many ways to troll the fight - TCS did a full Tequatl fight as a group after the guild event, and that's the closest I've seen anyone get Tequatl to - and that was only 50-ish percent!

At this point I'm not convinced I'm ever going to see him downed, as I can't imagine small groups will have a chance at the new dragon fights.... :?

Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:37 pm

I wish they'd change it back and dreading them doing the same thing to the other bosses. Been part of some massive groups and got nowhere near beating him. Did it again this morning for the daily and there was only a couple of dozen people there on the GH server... I think most people have given up in frustration.
My face is tired.

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm hoping it gets toned down after the living story event is done. It's popular now because it's the latest living story thingy and shows up as a daily achievement. Once that's over, numbers will drop. And it's hard enough with vast numbers. The best attempt I've seen got him to 60% health, and that was at a peak time on a busy day with a number of sensible people trying to organise the server into groups with specific tasks.

Aside from that, I think this whole patch was a mis-step. I've been doing the four world bosses in starting areas reliably since they started giving guaranteed rare items. The updates have not improved them:
-The great wurm can now actually hit people reliably when before there were many players who had never been harmed by it. Problem is, it mostly hits with a fear attack that is more annoying than damaging
-The Frozen Maw's shaman has been given a colossal amount of HP. he is no more dangerous than before but takes five minutes to die even when there are hordes of players mauling him.
-The Shadow Behemoth now spawns veteran and champion minions in the .3 of a second between its portals activating and being closed by horders of players. In other words, it's barely changed.
-The fire elemental has acquired some swirling firestorms that move around the area, catching people off-guard and putting a lot of players down in the average fight. This would be a nice challenge if added to any of the others, but instead it's been given to the one starting zone boss that could already take players out easily enough.

I haven't tried any of the more advanced ones in the last week besides Tequatl.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Heed

Postby Heed » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 am

I got GW2 about a year ago after loving GW1. I got to level 18 then got bored. I have now gone back into the game and can't progress beyong level 18. The storyline says I'm at the right leevel to continue but I keep getting my arse kicked instantly in any storyline gameplay. This is frustrating me massively. Is it worth starting a new character or just trying to persevere with my current one? I can't give any more info at the moment as I'm at work but I'll post my character up later if I remember.
Everything's Blue In This World, All Fuzzy. Spilling Out Of My Head

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:00 am

Just level up in PVE and come back to the story quests later. It's dead easy, just doing the map completion should get you 3-4 levels per map, plus crafting will level you loads as well.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 pm

The story quests I find are often much harder than the level suggests as you always have to fight groups of enemies. However as Sly says you don't need to do the story quests to progress, just get a few levels in PVE and then go back to it when you are ready. I hardly did any of my story quests when I was leveling up and even now that my character is at level 80 I still haven't finished those quests.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing