Diablo III & Reaper of Souls

The strategy of playing ones role.
Zael

Re: Diablo III & Reaper of Souls

Postby Zael » Fri May 23, 2014 5:01 pm

I think it's fine where it is at the moment. I usually get a legendary every rift run and I have no intention of gearing up other characters to the extent I've geared up my Demon Hunter. I just think if they end up increasing it any further then legendaries just become as boring as the gold drops. The whole game is about the search for better loot, and it gets diminished somewhat if that loot is just thrown at you.
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Patch 2.1.0 first look...

http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/14244559

It's a biggie.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 am

Some of that stuff sounds cool. Blizzard really have managed to turn Diablo III round.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 am

I'd be more interested if so much of that didn't require levelling a new character from 0. Who has time for that?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Patch 2.1.0 preview

It will introduce The Vault, the area to which Treasure Goblins escape to. Once the patch goes live players will be able to enter the Vault via a portal that has a chance to drop when you kill a Treasure Goblin. Within the Vault will be mountains of gold and gems, but also Baroness Greed who you will have to kill in order to claim the treasure.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Cool

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:39 pm

S2

Postby S2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Had a fairly brief session with the new patch last night. I did several greater rifts, starting on GR-8 and finishing at around 14. They're a cool addition because the time limit gives you a sense of urgency and challenge that's lacking from the normal game modes. You need teamwork, you need to play well and you need to think about your spec because there's something at stake. You can't just revive and carry on as if nothing has happened.

Eager to start a ladder character tonight. There's something really appealing about building everything from scratch again.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:22 pm

So, I've been playing this the two days. Finally committed.

Probably not the wisest idea, but I started as seasonal Witch Doctor. :P

My big question is that I've just finished Act 1 at level 31 and, well, the game has been a bit of a pushover. After unlocking the zombie dogs, I've never really once felt in danger. Hell, I've not had to use potions in the last four or so hours playing the game. It wasn't until the Butcher fight that I even saw the health go below quarter full. I'm also playing on Hard, which seems like a misnomer.

Just wondering if it toughens up a bit? This was nothing compared to the grim tooth and nail fighting of my Diablo 1 playthough a couple of months back. :P
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 pm

You can bump it up to Expert, but even that isn't that tough, especially with a Witch Doctor who can spawn loads of helpers. There are much tougher difficulty levels, but they are not unlocked until you complete the game once.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 pm

The challenge picks up significantly when you start farming for legendary drops on the torment level difficulties.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:32 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:You can bump it up to Expert, but even that isn't that tough, especially with a Witch Doctor who can spawn loads of helpers. There are much tougher difficulty levels, but they are not unlocked until you complete the game once.
That's the thing. I've looked at the option to change the difficulty level, but it didn't allow me to set it higher than Hard. :-k
Guess they don't allow you to go too wild with your first character?
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Maybe, been a long time since I started, but I started a season run recently and it allowed me to put it up to Expert max.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:02 pm

I found it would be easy, easy, easy, easy, OMG ONE SHOT DOOM STUCK IN A DOORWAY OH THE LAZERS, THE LAZERS, easy, easy, easy...
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:18 pm

Finished up the main story line. No a bad wee jaunt. Easy enough to just slip into and pass time with, which is exactly what I'm looking for at the moment.

Is banishing El Diablo at around level 51 par for the course on hard mode? I'll have to check if I can crank the difficulty up a level now, or if I need to get through RoS first.

Character as of finishing the main story.
Will probably send some people nuts for playing an inefficient build and not keeping on top of my loot . :P

My first mistake was to put the red gems into items, not the ones that increase intelligence. Didn't realise what was calculating damage for the first half of the game. The second was to prioritise gear with XP bonuses, considering that an extra 502 points per kill is barely worth a gnats fart.
End of an Era

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing