Star Wars Galaxys.....

The strategy of playing ones role.
Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:54 pm

Aauron wrote:i got SWG now and by god its so amazing, wow wow wow wow wow. Really has done a major turn around. And the Imperial Crackdown is good, when that was released everyone went overt for a while and we did some really great raids on AH

see, theres someone really getting into the World of Warcraft spirit :D

in other news, I'm intrigued by Galaxies, I think almost everyone has at some poitn wanted to be in the SW universe, but I dunno about it. Def go imperial though, it's all we british are allowed to be! (apart from Ageing (sp?) Jedi knights) :P
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Wizard Of Odd

Postby Wizard Of Odd » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:46 pm

HostileX wrote:One Monkey

Two Monkeys

Unless of course, you are referring to the Monkies. Popular 60's beat combo with their own TV show to boot.

EDIT : Although, slightly more on topic...

I'd love to get SW : Galaxies, but I know I would get too into it and not sleep or work and stuff. I really think it would be unhealthy for me to but a MMORPG like this...

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:59 pm

Right, its clinched it for me, I just round out you can (or they are about to implament) the archatect ability so players can build their own homes :D I shall give up eve at the end of the month (I tire of it now anyway) and start SWG me thinks....

Anyone know anywhere I can get it cheaper than 25quid now? Just on the offchance...
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

RCbot

Postby RCbot » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:54 pm

game have it for

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:37 pm

Just been round every story in glasgow and none of em have it.... looks like I'll have to wait till next month and get it from Play (my CCs a little full this month ;) )
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Suburban Rhythm

Postby Suburban Rhythm » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:18 pm

Can any one offer any tips or advice to a total noob galaxies player? I started yesterday as a marksman on Tatooine, done a few missions and upped a few of my skills but im still feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed.

Gunner

Postby Gunner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:35 pm

i think i'll probably be changing from EVE to Galaxies as well at the end of the month.

btw, can pay anyother way other than CC?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:41 pm

Mr Vampyr wrote:Def go imperial though, it's all we british are allowed to be! (apart from Ageing (sp?) Jedi knights) :P
You know what, I really want to go Imperial, (and perhaps even pick up some storm trooper armour) But I cant find any of the bloody recruiting stations! All I can find are Rebel ones. It
End of an Era

Aos

Postby Aos » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:45 pm

Been playing for a few months now, got to say it is one of the best games I've ever played. The Imperial crackdown is a great laugh if you're a rebel. Got caught in one in Anchorhead. was another 30 or so rebels and hordes of imps with two AT-ST's! Total mayhem and great fun!

Aos Starrider, on Chimeara if anyone's interested in contacting! :)

Gunner

Postby Gunner » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:15 am

is there any way to pay without CC?

do they take solo, or paypal?

Aos

Postby Aos » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:51 pm

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. Far as I know, they're still displaying the cost in $ on the sign-up page, which is a bit shit for a game released in the UK for over 5 months now.

I know a few people who would like to play it but, like yourself, don't have a CC or are reluctant to use it. Lucas is losing a lot of custom by not making payment that bit simpler.

Suburban Rhythm

Postby Suburban Rhythm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:41 am

It is a shame theyre not a bit more flexible when it comes to payment, ive seen so many posts on many forums by people who'd love the chance to play it but cant because of this.

Im still enjoying galaxies after a weeks play, ive developed my character a bit, got myself some transport, a nice carbine and some armour. Ive also done a fair bit of exploring on Tatooine and im thinking of trying a couple of the other planets. Anyone recommend any decent places for a noob to build up more combat xp?

Aos

Postby Aos » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:57 am

Get yourself a good group and head off to the likes of Dantooine, huge amounts of xp can be earned due to the high level of nasties that reside there. Lok is another one, though the cost of travelling there is very high. Around 3500 credits.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:12 pm

Wizard Of Odd wrote:
HostileX wrote:One Monkey

Two Monkeys

Unless of course, you are referring to the Monkies. Popular 60's beat combo with their own TV show to boot.

That would be The Monkees then :wink:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:18 pm

One question about the Points of interest and Badges. Do you get a badge when you visit any of the POIs or do only certain ones give them to you? I thought it would be fun to visit all the POIs , but after going around them all, I only came back with three, and those I had gotten a month or so prior to my grand tour.

Hmm, so was my epic bike trek a waste of time or was a bug at work? Oh, and I
End of an Era

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing