Star Wars Galaxys.....

The strategy of playing ones role.
eVoL

Star Wars Galaxys.....

Postby eVoL » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:25 pm

So I've hear many differing opinons on the subject and was wondering if anyone would care to expand. I've been contemplating getting this so me and a friend can play it..... however, is it possible to register 2 accounts from one copy of the game? (although still paying for both naturally) Or would we definatelty need a copy each?

Also.... the against camp.... whats wrong with it? Why is it bad? The biggest reason I could see was that the galaxy is fairly small right now and they dont like the idea that they have to fait on new places being added. Anything else? Is it just completely turd?
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Gunner

Postby Gunner » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:10 pm

In Eve you need to buy 2 Copies, you can only register 1 account to 1 CD Key (then can play on any copy), so i'd assume it would be the same here.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

Ghazghkull Thrakka

Re: Star Wars Galaxys.....

Postby Ghazghkull Thrakka » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:05 pm

eVoL wrote:So I've hear many differing opinons on the subject and was wondering if anyone would care to expand. I've been contemplating getting this so me and a friend can play it..... however, is it possible to register 2 accounts from one copy of the game? (although still paying for both naturally) Or would we definatelty need a copy each?

Also.... the against camp.... whats wrong with it? Why is it bad? The biggest reason I could see was that the galaxy is fairly small right now and they dont like the idea that they have to fait on new places being added. Anything else? Is it just completely turd?

Well, if you got the new PCG...

eVoL, put away the shotgun....

You would see that they had a lot planned but not a lot works, there are some simple faults which happen because some people are morons, they were planning a huge REBEL VS EMPIRE fights but all the Yanks wants to be REBELS, which does kinda kill the star wars feel...

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:21 pm

Foolish yanks! We all know the Empire is the best!

Ghazghkull Thrakka

Postby Ghazghkull Thrakka » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:18 pm

eVoL wrote:Foolish yanks! We all know the Empire is the best!

You should get the new PCG, it is rather good...
:P

Shaihulud

Postby Shaihulud » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:38 pm

Please learn how to spell galaxies (the correct spelling).

Now that's done with, you can only have one account on one server, but there're about 20 different servers but each server is a separate galaxy. (But they're all the same, except for the people (and you can't travel beetween them)). Thereacticly (sp?) it's possible to creat two exactly-the-same characters on two separate servers. My copy's arriving tommorow, so i'll tell you how it is. My mate (who got the U.S. version in June) says it's ace (I'm gonna play on the U.S. servers so he can help me out and the U.S. servers are more developed).

hostilex

Postby hostilex » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:41 pm

One Monkey

Two Monkeys

One Galaxy

Two Galaxys

thats by my logic anyhow! :lol:
things i love:
c) masturbation
d) those collapsing wooden toys
e) pink cd-rs

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:38 am

The PCG review was spot on. The intended scope of the game is epic, but not much of it works atm making it little more than a SW themed chatroom. I put a huge post on the relative merits of the game on the PCGF 'Planetside or SWG' thread - have a read if you want my entire opinion.

My advice mirrors PCG's - wait until there is more 'game' in the game before you buy. Star Wars without vehicles or space combat? I think not....

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:42 am

Fair enough it might be good in a year

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:25 am

I was on the beta, and was staggered when it was announced that beta testing had finished. I was posting about 20+ /bug reports per session, and it was not even vaguely close to being release quality.

By the sound of it as well, the loud, overblown yanks are determining the direction of the game's ongoing development. I was delighted in a sense when the beta finished, as it meant I no longer had to talk with ignorant wankers who felt that they, being american, were naturally right about everything, people who's response to criticism was typing 'USA USA USA' in place of actually having an opinion or counter-argument. Honestly, I was exposed to the worst kind of racism and bigotry I have ever come across, and have not missed it one iota. Unfortunately these cunts are the ones who are determining how the game turns out. Abandon hope now......

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:35 am

I ressurect thee!

So, what do you suppose the chance of LA releasing SWG as a free DL? I really want to get the damn game, but I'm not paying full price for a game I then have to subscribe to damnit!

UKchaos

Postby UKchaos » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:21 pm

Not gonna happen.

Can we talk about WoW instead? :lol:

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:29 pm

eVoL wrote:I ressurect thee!

So, what do you suppose the chance of LA releasing SWG as a free DL? I really want to get the damn game, but I'm not paying full price for a game I then have to subscribe to damnit!
It
End of an Era

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:26 pm

[quote]It

RCbot

Postby RCbot » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:51 pm

i got SWG now and by god its so amazing, wow wow wow wow wow. Really has done a major turn around. And the Imperial Crackdown is good, when that was released everyone went overt for a while and we did some really great raids on AH

Next

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing