Dungeon Siege The Movie

The strategy of playing ones role.
P R E Y

Dungeon Siege The Movie

Postby P R E Y » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:08 pm

Courtesy of ShackNews:

We received a press release from the guys at Gas Powered Games, announcing that the movie production company Boll KG has acquired the movie rights to Dungeon Siege. Boll KG is the company behind the recently released House of the Dead movie and the upcoming BloodRayne and Alone in the Dark adaptations.

Executive producer and director Dr. Uwe Boll, expects to begin filming "Dungeon Siege" in late 2004, and estimates a budget in the $50 million range. Interactive Film Sales International will handle the foreign rights sales for the production. Boll's "House of the Dead," released by Artisan Entertainment in North America, is presently screening in more than 1500 theatres. "Dungeon Siege" transcends the video game genre and appeals to mainstream entertainment audiences," said Boll. "Based on the success of "House of the Dead," I believe "Dungeon Siege" contains major crossover potential because of its unique blend of action and fantasy, on the order of "Lord of the Rings."

Gunner

Postby Gunner » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:26 pm

i like the game, but how can you have a film about it, it has no story :o
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:38 pm

Bloody hell :shock: I can't wait to see if they pull this off.

it has no story

People never went to see the matrix reloaded for its story. I think it would've been better off without it. So basically the story doesn't need to be grand.

Gunner

Postby Gunner » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:20 pm

actualy i think people did is M: R for the story seeing the 1st had an excelent story, but the second was just a bullet time fest.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

Nilly

Postby Nilly » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:38 pm

So they are taking a game which was mildly hyped, then forgotten by people, and hope to turn it into a movie?

Waste o money methinks.
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

P R E Y

Postby P R E Y » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:32 am

Well they obviously believe there is something noteworthy connected with the game to make it into a fully fledged movie. Lets just hope it doesnt go the same way as Dungeons and Dragons. :shock: :?

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:43 am

P R E Y wrote:Well they obviously believe there is something noteworthy connected with the game to make it into a fully fledged movie. Lets just hope it doesnt go the same way as Dungeons and Dragons. :shock: :?

well, despite the total failure that film apparently was, i'm starting to think the whole swords and sorcery thing might just be the next direction the boys in hollywood will take.

Especially following the success of the LOTR trilogy. It's a vastly unexplored (and probably expensive) area in cinema. And i've yet to see magic done in a way i felt was deserved of it's majestic glory! :P

(anyone else been disappointed by magical confrontations on film? I didn't think any of the LOTR ones were epecially astounding, and i can't really think of any other films that really focus on the area... Charmed tv series? all pretty low-level spellcasting... i want the BIIIIIG stuff! :D
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing