MILF

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 pm

My face is tired.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:56 pm

I think EG are right to at least point that stuff out for people to make an informed decision, but I don't think it belongs within the context of the review. Looking at the comments this is clearly a very divisive issue, and having a game review try to force an ethical decision doesn't sit well with me.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:I disagree with that, if the stuff in the game makes him uncomfortable then that's reason enough not to recommend it. If reviews were still done in the old way, in that you just told people if the game was fun to play, I would agree, but reviewing has moved on from that simplistic way of doing things.

This is a matter of perspective I suppose. I for one have not been in the remotest bit uncomfortable with anything in this game. The game is pure fiction but set in a historical context. I'd happily say that history was far worse than anything we as players are subjected to in this game.

This stinks of "professional media" playing the man not the ball. Even then they are making a lot of mileage about This man's views. The game is astoundingly good it gets the highest recommendation from me as a player of games for the last 20 odd years. It doesn't hold anyone's hand and it's very well written and executed barring the occasional bug. The gameplay is superb, engaging and interesting. You can't take anything for granted and it makes you think about everything you do.

Can't ask for more in a game really.

Thanks for the tips Ian they are helpful.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Raid wrote:Looking at the comments this is clearly a very divisive issue, and having a game review try to force an ethical decision doesn't sit well with me.

See that's the whole point for me. The guy writes up the game as excellent, then wastes three paragraphs examining why there are no non-caucasian characters in the game, followed by a further one judging him as guilty for liking a black metal band. I wore a Pantera shirt for years (granted before Phil Anselmo went all white power), does that make me guilty by association?

For my money I visit game review pages to read reviews of games. Everything else, especially when it is as spurious as the claims against this guy, are irrelevant and should be left to John Walker to whine about.

The fact that so many sites are fixating on this non-issue, which could limit the payback that the devs get for such an amazing game, is insufferable.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 pm

It should have been nothing more than a footnote in the review, if that.

This toxic leftwing identity politics narrative needs to end. I simply cannot take the feeble, self righteousness and virtue signalling from so called 'professionals' looking for an ego trip, when really they need to get some perspective and pick their battles with a little more consideration. And that's coming from someone who identifies as a leftwing/SJW-woke-as-fuck-call it whatever you like type. There are plenty of very well reasoned and rational comments on the Eurogamer review explaining exactly why this whole situation is rather nonsense, I heartily recommend anyone with an interest take a look.

I wasn't really interested in another open world Oblivion esque RPG, but the feedback in this thread has convinced me to pick the game up. Looking forward to dipping in at the weekend.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:35 pm

I wouldn't worry to much on the payback Snowy, they are making a lot from just word of mouth from gamers to be in the top seller and having more people playing the game than a lot of others. Something like 60k playing it per day which is a impressive number for a indie first time game from a team. Now roll on tomorrow or later and I will be playing it too! :D
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Well done guys. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just have patience with it and stuff that seems bloody difficult will make sense eventually (like combat especially). This is a lot better than Skyrim it's much more....More! Difficult to describe but you'll see. If you liked Skyrim then this will be hitting the right spots and more.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm

The combat difficulty curve I think is near perfect in that it starts out utterly alien and terrifying because you're inexperienced and ill-equipped, and gradually as you learn new techniques (not just combos but the fundamentals of how to fight effectively) and gather better equipment you really do improve. I have never had a better appreciation of the importance of armour than in this game. There was an avoidable fight near the start of the game where I tried to tangle with three fully-armoured soldiers and afterwards I assumed it was more or less impossible to beat them, but now I've fought and won against much worse odds. I think it would still be very difficult to win that fight at that point in the game but I reckon I could have a much better go at it now. That's the mark of a great combat system.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Just encountered a funny/mildly annoying bug. I finally plucked up the courage to challenge Captain Bernard to a practice fight using real swords, and after a lengthy battle I managed to get the better of him. Quite a proud moment, the student becoming the master and all that, except as soon as we left the arena he immediately drew his sword, shouted "STOP, criminal!" and arrested me for attacking him. The nerve! Talk about your poor losers! Anyway, I paid the 200 groschen fine (hardly a penalty since I have 25k), but now he refuses to train me in master sword fighting because apparently I'm a criminal. What a twat! :x

Photos!

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Im still fairly rubbish at combat instead choosing the roguish thief methods but when I have had to fight I've shit myself and enjoyed it immensely.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Wrathbone wrote:Just encountered a funny/mildly annoying bug. I finally plucked up the courage to challenge Captain Bernard to a practice fight using real swords, and after a lengthy battle I managed to get the better of him. Quite a proud moment, the student becoming the master and all that, except as soon as we left the arena he immediately drew his sword, shouted "STOP, criminal!" and arrested me for attacking him. The nerve! Talk about your poor losers! Anyway, I paid the 200 groschen fine (hardly a penalty since I have 25k), but now he refuses to train me in master sword fighting because apparently I'm a criminal. What a twat! :x

That sounds like a bug that actually could have made for a real interesting story arc if only they'd thought of it.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Yeah, I’m not that pissed off becuase it does sort of fit with the story and with Bernard being a bit prickly at times.

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Quite the scam he's running :o
My face is tired.

Eny

Postby Eny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:31 am

Finally gotten round to my first session, ending with a night's rest in Talmberg.....fuck me what a game! Managed to beat the drunk up on my own, and all the little details in this game really make it a treat indeed. GOTY tbh, fuck the problems with matey, the whole team have created something very special indeed, and they should be justly proud.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:46 am

And it gets better!
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing