Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

The strategy of playing ones role.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm

I might practice it more to level up a couple of times (I'd already done so on him a few times), but not sure how much that will resolve the randomised element of the mini-game. Might help increase the detection time though.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Some useful console commands, including adding a reticule when aiming with a bow (having tried my hand at archery I'd say this one is near-essential):

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-de ... -commands/
My face is tired.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Wrathbone wrote:slavish dedication to realism

Was that intentional punage wathy?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Cool... just progressed the story to the point where you do some proper sword training with the master-at-arms in Rattay, and think I'm picking up the hang of it now. Being able to time blocks so they don't use up stamina and then get in a quick counter will make fights a lot easier.

And the archery reticule is very helpful!
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:51 am

Me wrote:
Wrathbone wrote:slavish dedication to realism

Was that intentional punage wathy?

Nope, just a happy coincidence! :P Maybe I should... Czech... my sentences for puns in future...?

Anyway, played loads more last night and it was utterly brilliant. I’ve been following the main quest round Rattay and have found myself further afield investigating and hunting down bandits, and the natural way in which I’ve gone about the investigation and followed leads has a certain Witchery feel about it. I also encountered someone attempting some naughtiness on the road, called him on it and ended up chasing him through the woods for a good five minutes while I occasionally pushed him over before my stamina ran out and he hightailed it again. Eventually I managed to get a punch in and slowed him enough to batter him unconscious, but then I realised I was miles from the nearest town and didn’t really want to lug him to justice (I’m not even sure if you can do that), so I took vigilante justice for his crimes and stabbed him dead. I then hid him behind a bush for some reason.

I’ve found that I have a lot more success with archery than sword fighting, partly because the sword I’ve got was stolen and is way more advanced apparently than what I can currently use effectively, but also because archery lets me pepper enemies with arrows then run away until they fall over. I got a lucky headshot on one guy who died instantly, so with a bit of practice that could be my preferred attack method. I will be known throughout the land as... Arrowface? My PR needs some work.

The best news (for me) is that I have today and tomorrow off to put an unhealthy amount of hours into this ridiculously fun game.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 am

On the subject of swords, I've found that some use strength as their primary stat, others use agility. I picked up a sword on my return to Stolitz, which I ended up using when you lose the one you start with, only to be told that it was beyond my ability to wield properly. It took me a while to cotton on to the fact this was because while my strength was 3 my agility was still 1. One of the first things I did in Rattay was to visit the blacksmith and buy a sword that not only was better but I could actually use.

I'm really, really enjoying this, I must say.

One thing I've had a problem with that is probably unique to me, is that because I've done a lot of lock-picking and the like, I've become accustomed to holding down the 'e' key for a second or two... usually this isn't a problem as you'll still pick up the thing you were trying to pick up. The exception is when talking to someone, as holding down the key means initiating pick-pocketing. This was slightly awkward when I went up to the armourer I'd intended to ask for training and started picking his pocket while standing directly in front of him and in full view of his guard.

It did not end well, resulting in being chased across the countryside by half the Rattay garrison and eventually being battered to death in the middle of a small stream.
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:26 am

So put in a good few hours last night and liking it a lot so far.

Quit at the point I had got to Rattay and been given the miller's icky quest.

It is an odd little game. Some things look absolutely spectacular (eyes in particular) where others are a bit blobby or just odd (eyelashes for example). Henry is a very likeable character, and the everyday level of the opening section made a nice change to the usual fast-track to being declared "The One" and haring off on your path to greatness and world domination. I particularly liked the conversation between father and son while forging the sword, very different to your average RPG fare.

I approached the guy I needed to get the tools back from having read about your all getting tanned arses, but with much backpedalling and judicious use of jabs I was able to put him on his backside.

I have already made use of the game's mechanics to overcome possible clunkiness - getting a full soldier's armour in order to be able to exit the keep for example. I tried sneaking around the area that the compass directed me to, but only found an old bow and a shield. I figured that probably wasn't enough for me to pass as a guard, plus the strangely prescient guards kept on disturbing my thievery. Solution? Grabbed bow and shield, then ambushed and choked out a guard at the far end of his patrol and rob him of everything he owned. Grabbed my horse and rode out of the gates.

I hope a mod soon emerges to allow tweaking of the carry weight though. With the armour I am wearing, I am almost perpetually overburdened.

Final thoughts, the combat seems interesting, but I have reservations about taking on multiple opponents. My current untrained approach of jabbing them in the face seems pretty effective, but once you start taking some hits you go down fast.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:32 am

Snowy wrote:I have already made use of the game's mechanics to overcome possible clunkiness - getting a full soldier's armour in order to be able to exit the keep for example. I tried sneaking around the area that the compass directed me to, but only found an old bow and a shield. I figured that probably wasn't enough for me to pass as a guard, plus the strangely prescient guards kept on disturbing my thievery. Solution? Grabbed bow and shield, then ambushed and choked out a guard at the far end of his patrol and rob him of everything he owned. Grabbed my horse and rode out of the gates.

:shock:

I just jumped off the drawbridge :lol:

Snowy wrote:I hope a mod soon emerges to allow tweaking of the carry weight though. With the armour I am wearing, I am almost perpetually overburdened.

Spoiler: show
If you keep training strength (which you mainly do through fighting and training I think) a few levels later you can take a perk that gives you a +15kg carry capacity, which has helped me greatly.
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:52 am

With regards to weight, once you get a horse you can store stuff in their saddlebags. Intriguingly you can send stuff to your horse from the inventory screen no matter where the horse is, which is odd given the focus on realism. Still, it’s useful if you find a load of heavy loot you don’t want to abandon.

Oh, and the keep escape? I lockpicked a chest which had the full guard uniform, and also stole a sword and shield from the same room, then talked my way past the gate guard. I bet there are more solutions too.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am

I'm starting to feel like my Henry is a bit of a dolt :lol:
My face is tired.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:44 am

Wait until you start hunting rabbits and deer, you'll be encumbered so fast your head will spin. Killed about 8 rabbits and a single deer and had over 100 rabbit meat and 50 odd deer meat. Had to drop most of it, which is annoying as its worth a fortune at this stage.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:20 am

Does it feel like Witcher or Mount and blade? Or nidhogg? :p
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am

Closest to Mount abs Blade, but different :D

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:18 am

The quests are much more witchery. I'm not really seeing much mount and blade in it to be honest, other than the sword fighting is more involved.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 am

The difference in interpretation of "Does it feel like..." then :)

Feel for me is the movement and combat, which feels more M&B than Witcher. Quests I am not far enough in to judge.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing