World of Warcraft Classic Announced

The strategy of playing ones role.
Jez

Re: World of Warcraft Classic Announced

Postby Jez » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Same Sly. Wife is amazingly great. Just not a fan at all of my habit. I just tell her it's better than than being down the local every night :)

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Aye at least they are fully aware of where we are and what we are doing. Gaming for me is really no different to the wife sitting down and watching every soap under the sun for hours and hours, if that's what relaxes you in the evenings then all the better. Plus we tend to have something to show for our hobby lead spending habits unlike wasting it away with overly expensive pig swill and tobacco.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:09 pm

Yeah it's just that head space I love for an hour or two in an evening. My job can be very testing physically and mental wise with long hours and deployments to deal with as well as people...constantly. I don't dislike being around people or dealing with them but that time NOT dealing with them on any level besides shooting them in the face online I really look forward to of an evening.

Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 am

Prior to World of Warcraft (vanilla) I had a pretty intense social life. For whatever reason, I went from being somewhat of a party animal to a complete shut-in. In spite of the fact that I was very clearly depressed back then, I still recall my WoW memories with great fondness :-k

I for one will definitely be venturing back into vanilla. Grind or not, I'll happily bash a few kobolds for old times sake. I suspect my eldest will be about the right age to get in to that sort of thing too, so I'll probably have her follow me around to cast heals and whatnot. If she does a good job she can have some pocket money :mrgreen:

As for gaming in general... well, I do so little of it these days I can't really refer to myself as a gamer. It's temporary and necessary downtime whilst the kids are still young and I've got other things on the go. I'm sure I'll be back into the swing of things within the next decade or so. Until then, I'll happily settle for the odd WoW vanilla session. Even if it's only once a week for a couple of hours (which in all probability, it will be).

I've heard a lot of talk around how Blizzard will be communicating with the playerbase to get the best experience possible. I think what we'll end up with is a slightly less gruelling version of vanilla. Pretty much original - with the odd tweak here and there to mitigate the pain of some of the more brain-numbing grinding, for example.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am

I am lucky then it looks like. My feelings are much the same as Jez's (unsurprising seeing as we are sure we are twins), when I finish the daily stress marathon that is work, all I want is to switch my brain off for a while and gaming is the perfect outlet that lets me do so. Thankfully, Mrs Snowy is a staff nurse at a psychiatric hospital, so when she comes home she is in the same headspace as me. I get my gaming time, she gets some TV time, and we are both happy bunnies.

An hour or two each evening is all it amounts to, but we both like our space and respect the others need for it. Plus no kids to factor into the equation.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:00 pm

I have been telling people for years that I play games in order to switch off and relax. I don't drink, don't smoke, and sure as hell ain't watching Coronation Street. I have been plodding alone with my Mr Average talent since my early twenties. I see no reason to stop now just because I am 52, and apparently supposed to be sensible. Pah.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm

I think 19 - 26 was my downtime :lol:

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

It does amuse me when people roll their eyes (and/or have a dismissive tone) as soon as they find out someone plays games in their spare time. As if it instantly renders you some kind of underdeveloped manchild.

Coincidentally I am an underdeveloped manchild as it turns out, but it genuinely has nothing to do with me playing games.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:55 pm

:lol:
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:56 pm

It's funny that there's still so much of a stigma attached to it when more people play them than ever. Nobody really wants to admit to it in public when they're just making idle chit chat.

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing