Armored Warfare

The strategy of playing ones role.
gpa-gone-west

Armored Warfare

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Ok, late to the party as usual. Is this game actually still being worked on?

I have only just downloaded it the other day, and had a quick blast in it. As a WoT player I was curious about it. Based on only a dozen PvE battles, it seems fun. Different to WoT, not necessarily better, just different.

There seems to have been some shenanigans around it, back in February. Obsidian getting the boot etc. It looked promising. Just wondered what the crack was.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Tichinde

Re: Armored Warfare

Postby Tichinde » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 am

The shenanigans revolve around Obsidian being tasked with making a version of WoT for My.com/Mail.ru.

It was arcadey in comparison to WoT which made it different.

Queue the shenanigans. My.com wanted less of a WoT clone and more WoT with their name on it. Obsidian out, followed by balancing patches, a new garage ui, sweeping changes to guns and armour.....but at the end of the day WoT is better at being WoT.

Shame really, it was good fun too.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:45 am

Well I must admit I quite like it, it is different. I platoon with my nephew in WoT, and have a real blast in doing so. But I like the idea of a PvE mode. Its something that could add extra appeal to WoT, especially if they could implement some sort of dynamic objectives as well.

I had to smile when the "Noob" comments came up in AW when the team lost. Especially as I was last man standing with 12 kills (in a Leopard 1), and he was the first guy to die, in the first minute. :lol:

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Yeah, the community wasn't as toxic as WoT's when I stopped, but obviously things change :)

PVE was our bread and butter. It was good fun, they put out multi-secondary objective maps which were cool, the crossover mode (multi-stage capture the flag essentially) was nifty enough to get us PVP-ing.
Then Balance 2.0 turned up, ai had atgm's (fine) that never missed (not fine), auto-cannons got nerfed (kinda fine, it was overly silly in the Terminator line), and then nerfed again (to complete and utter pointlessness), ai got buffed (not fine when they never miss a weak point shot, like ever).
It just got over-tuned I think.

But yeah, it was so different. Far less grindy than WoT too. I had 2 tier 10, multiple tier 9's, 8's etc. I look at the one tier 8 I have in WoT as a comparison for the grind.....(admittedly I started Brit heavies because CHURCHYS! and they are basically wank so progress has been slow, but now in the Jap heavies and things are looking up).
It was faster than WoT too, but had a substantially longer time to live. A mistake wouldn't put you out of the game.

I do miss my BMD-4 mind :D
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm

I do like the test drive feature for any tank in the tree. Its also pretty useful when testing ammo type penetration success at different angles etc.

Regarding WoT. Although I still have a lot of fun with it, and I am so looking forward to the new HD maps, I just don't have a desire to get to tier 10. Maybe after a while playing this, I wont with AW either. But lets see. Currently have 3 tier 4's.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing